New Mini Evolution Release

archery_mum

With the new Mini-Evolution release aid from Carter due in the shops soon (I think the first batch have gone for anodising) I thought I would write a few lines about my thoughts on the pre-production version I am using.

Firstly Carter took onboard the feedback given to John Dudley by myself and other lady archers who found the original Evo just too big to fit in our tiny hands :cheerful: The mini is literally that; a scaled down version with a smaller hole. It works in exactly the same way, with it being necessary for the holding weight to be set a couple of pounds heavier than the bows holding weight.

Mine is very smooth and easy to use and actually quite cute in plain shiny steel. It has the ITS spring system and I imagine production versions will come with all the necessary springs.

I am using mine for training at the moment, John gave me a copy of his new DVD that teaches the correct use of the Evo, this maybe worthwhile if you don't have anyone to help setup and assist when starting to use it.

So for all you ladies who have been wanting an Evo or gents with small hands, I imagine they should be available very soon and you should consider giving one a try.

english_archer

Ironman
Nice to see you posting again Wendy , hope you over the flu now bet you didnt have it as bad as trevs man flu lol . :)
Just for us none compound shooters is this a trigger or back tension release ?
(save me asking Daniel)

Watch_Man

Nice to see you posting again Wendy , hope you over the flu now bet you didnt have it as bad as trevs man flu lol . :)
Just for us none compound shooters is this a trigger or back tension release ?
(save me asking Daniel)
Craig, Wendy has gone off for her bath :cheerful: Its a back tension one, I've got one of the MkI versions and cant even get the top part of the finger through this.

John did a short talk for the club juniors before heading off for the airport tonight. Daniel, Alex and Josh get a brief mention as we were discussing their progress today.

Sorry, I am wandering off topic a bit. I think Wendy will start using the Evolution in competition soon, she was getting 6 Pro Tours in the compound gold at 40m with it when it was working well.

english_archer

Ironman
John did a short talk for the club juniors before heading off for the airport tonight. Daniel, Alex and Josh get a brief mention as we were discussing their progress today.

Hi Trev is this on www.friskneybowmen.co.uk ?

she was getting 6 Pro Tours in the compound gold at 40m with it when it was working well.[/QUOTE]

That is cool hope she keeps it up :)

archery_mum

The hole is .8 of an inch which is the same as the fits me. It is exactly the same design as the mans one and operates in the same way. It is approx. 9cms long.

I am currently using it for training but would like to shoot it in competition asap.

pwiles1968

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Oh Missed the Alt one, the others are Evo not Evo Mini, will ask a shop when they are getting them in I did not see any last week, am going back up there in a few weeks anyway.