Which Release Aid!

john.drinkwater

Hi Can anybody please tell me which is the best release aid to use, at the moment i use a cascade with rope and i want something as small so it will not afect my anchor point.
I shoot also on a D Loop and i have made my d loop as small a possible and also my string on the release,I have tried shooting the release with no string but i can not shoot as good but the length is better just as i would like a new release aid to be,can anybody help!

jez

I use a Carter Just Cuz and find it to do the job i ask of it...release aids are a very personal thing.I would go to your nearest Archery retailer and try a couple out,just to get the feel right.

Bald Eagle

Hi John,
As Jez says, release aids are a personal choice, I use a chappie boss "jaws" head and "D" loop to good effect, it gives a straight line loose with no deflection. Make sure your "D" loop is not too short so as to foul your release aid rope and touch the nock on your arrow. Bald Eagle

john.drinkwater

Release

Thanks Wim I have been looking at the new Carter Amber as they say it is 1/2 inch shorter than there other models which should suit me but is not out over here yet till end of Jan.so i will have to wait a bit for it,

Marcus26

I recommend a Just Cuz as well, I own 2 of them (1 spare). It's great for medium to small hands and the rounded thumb guard allows you to rotate it at full draw to get better leverage.
I wouldn't worry about trying to fit your current anchor. Throw that cascade in the bin and adjust your peep sight to get the new release right.

wim

i have to join marcus ! throw that cascade away !!
the new chocolate lite i think is also a nice release !!

syrus1

Release

Hi John if you like cascade release,s they have just brought out a new one the saturday night special same size,but with a knurled side trigger, looks good

P

pyroarch57

Hi Can anybody please tell me which is the best release aid to use, at the moment i use a cascade with rope and i want something as small so it will not afect my anchor point.
I shoot also on a D Loop and i have made my d loop as small a possible and also my string on the release,I have tried shooting the release with no string but i can not shoot as good but the length is better just as i would like a new release aid to be,can anybody help!
Yes i can help, you can buy my JustCuz for half price, then we`ll both be happy!:cheerful:

mizzat

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Release

Syrus1, where did you hear about the new casecade release. Nothing turned up on google?

Steve

M

Moose

I use a cascade

I also use a tru ball extreme boss with the caliper head as it is almost as short as the cascade but it gives a nice anchor point and long trigger travel so it can be loaded up during the shot before it finally releasing

or you can set it to scare the **** out of you if you like sensitive

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
Another vote for the Carter Just Cuz (or Just Cuz + in my case, which is the Just Cuz with Interchangeable Tension System). I switched to it from the Cascade 10. Although the Carter is chunkier, it didn't affect my anchor point. And it's sooooo nice! :cheerful: