Release Aids

Alex Greig

The recurve types are filling up the server with types of tab.

So now its our turn, what release aid do you use?

I use a Truball Accu Touch wrist release. I also have a hand held spigarelli thing, but if I use anything other than a wrist release then I don't draw using the correct back musles.

R

rgsphoto

I use a True Ball Ultra 4 back tension release. Can't shoot anything else.

Alex Greig

Always been nervous of using a back tension, and the nearest shop is 100 miles away, so a bit far to travel to give it a go.

I also like the fact that the accu touch locks onto the string until a press on the trigger, no chance of misfire's

R

rgsphoto

Alex Greig said:
Always been nervous of using a back tension, and the nearest shop is 100 miles away, so a bit far to travel to give it a go.

I also like the fact that the accu touch locks onto the string until a press on the trigger, no chance of misfire's
The only time I have ever missfired a release aid was twice with a carter trigger release aid! I put an arrow right through a dishwasher in the garage. I just cliped the trigger by accident. The other was at near full draw and I flinched and punched my self in the mouth, now that hurts! I have never miss fired the back tension aid. Cheap too ?40.00 bargain.

Medoc

Ironman
I shoot a pair of Tru Ball Chappy boss talon head release aid, fantastic mechanism and pretty bomb proof.

sky_high30

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Started with a Fletchmatic T (my coaches), then bought a TRU-Ball chappy boss. Was punching it and all sorts, sold it to Medoc and bought a Stanislawski BT, and am quite happy with it. It's cured punching, and squeezing the trigger is one less thing to worry about.

jadlem

I had a tru-ball stinger for a year, shot some great scores with it, it seemed a bit primitive so I tried a purple cascade release for about 1 session and went back to the tru ball. Have recently replaced it with a Carter Insatiable, build quality is briliant, fits my hand better than enything else and the rather stunning red anodised finish rather sets off my target rig.

Bald Eagle

I use a true ball chappie boss jaws heaed 360, but the other day I tried a carter embers, this must be the best in the world bar none!! There is so much adjustment, comes with 4 springs and is so easy to use. It can be 2 3 or 4 finger. It also shortens your draw length by 1-2 inches as the talon is next to your finger. BRILLIANT!!!

timppa

I tried wrist release, it didn?t worked for me. Thumb release works for me.
Don?t worry, shoot release what works best for you.

Marcus26

I have 2 Carter Just Cuz releases. Thicker handle than standard. Love it alot.
Also have a Zenith Comfort 3D 3 finger in Flag pattern.

Keithie

Tru-Ball Loopmaster wrist release.
I Tried a hand held Fletchmatic when is Changed over from recurve but I kept loosing the release instead of using the trigger. Release aids can go go a long way down the range!!!!!!

disbloke

I've been using a Tru-ball extreme, but have recently been trying different Carters out. Found them much better, all I've got to do now is figure out which I find most comfortable!

Bald Eagle

I tried the carter embers today, nearly soiled my pants! it had the soft spring in,you breathe on it and it goes off!. Seriously though, it is a serious bit of kit,especially with the four finger adapter on, so responsive. You get 4 or 5 springs for tension so you can customise it to your own liking. I also tried the chocolate lite, I like the new mechanism on the talon, it closes on to the "D" loop as you prime it. So I'm undecided which one to go for.......Watch this space!

mini slowhand

i agree with bald eagle. i have also tryed the embers and its so sensitive, its a shock when it goes off:shocked: . its an execellent piece of kit. i especially like the 4 finger attachment. quallity!!!!!!!

Bald Eagle

I've settled for the Insatiable, tried it up the field today and I'm pleased with it, I'll play around with different springs but the one in at the moment is doing the biz. You shot well today Mini Slowhand!!

mini slowhand

how was the insatiable? il hav to try 1 myself as im am almost certainly goint to change to a thum release. at the moment its a battle between the embers and the chocolate light.