Discuss tru-ball / zenith back tension releases at the Compound Release Aids within Archery Interchange UK Forums; I am pondering with trying a back tension release that "just releases" like the tru-ball. ...
    In the Gold
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks

tru-ball / zenith back tension releases

I am pondering with trying a back tension release that "just releases" like the tru-ball. But I have no idea how they work and what stops them releasing as I draw, busting my nose and screwing my score at the same time!

Does anyone know if there are any guidelines to their use around anywhere. Do they come with any decent instructions?

There is a good looking zenith device in the states that comes with a DVD, which would be ideal. But its difficult to work out the pricing options and no indication of postage to uk. I have emailed them 3 days ago but no reply as yet.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    effectively a pure back tension such as you describe works on a hinge mechinism, this can be adjusted by adjusting the travel, usually 1 or 2 screws to do so, quite simple really.

the correct way to draw the pure back tensions, is to angle the release while drawing, this will ensure that the release is not angled near its travel so that it would go off. if you come down, then you just angle the release again, to keep it away from the travel.

effectively, initially setting the release, is to get a shoelace or some rope/string to you draw length, and setting the release accordingly.

then when its just about there, and you have practiced drawing it at angle, go to your bow, first at near distance and practice away.

a junior in my club just got an attension PBT release, hinge version. his scores went down when he started, but are "shooting" up quickly.

interesting look of the zenith, imo it looks like a stanislawski, which if you are looking at a decent release, they are worth a consideration. choice of many of the top pro's for back tension atm.

In the Red
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Back tension releases is a big subject, almost as big as "which is the best bow" if you're not carefull you will spend a small fortune buying and trying. I have a couple of back tension releases you can try if you wish, I'm not using them at the moment. PM me your address and I'll send you a couple.

Regards

In the White
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    There are hinged back tension releases that have a safety on them, so that you can draw up as you would with a trigger, anchor, turn the safety off and can then make your shot without punching yourself in the mouth (as I have done many times!!!)

One such release aid is the tru-ball sweet spot 2, which is a vey nice release aid to use, another is the carter solution 2.75 (I think). It is also worth seeing if zenith or stanislawski make back tensions with safetys as they are brilliant release aids.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    check out Erika's Youtube channel so see how to use a back tension
    www.youtube.com/erikaanear/

If you want a really good back tension then look at the Scott Longhorns. I'm really impressed with these. The head angle suits dloops better than the Carter does.
    [Beiter Nocks] [Urban Archery]

In the Gold
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus26 View Post
    check out Erika's Youtube channel so see how to use a back tension
    www.youtube.com/erikaanear/

If you want a really good back tension then look at the Scott Longhorns. I'm really impressed with these. The head angle suits dloops better than the Carter does.
    Hi Marcos

The link you gave came up with a 404 error (page not found) I found this one which I think is the link you mean YouTube - erikaanear's Channel