Angel Majesty strand count and number of twists

backinblack

Dear All,

I would be grateful if someone could recommend a strand count for Angel Majesty that would be suitable for a Beiter No. 2 nocking point? I'm guessing 18 strands would work but wondered if anyone had successfully got one on a 20 strand string?

I would also be grateful if anyone could give me a view on how many twists they have in their string.

Kind regards,
Backinblack :beer::beer::cake:

buzz lite beer

I use a 20 strand majesty string (with majesty serving to get a good nock fit with No.2 Nocks) but not in conjunction with Beiter nock point, though I'm pretty sure if you compress the strands closely by running a loop of serving material up and down the length of the string before you serve them on you can bring the string diameter down far enough to get both halves of the Nock point to meet. To see if this is feasible without going to the expense and time of making a complete string, just do ten laps around the posts on one end of the jig try and compress the strands as mentioned above and try size for a good fit, if no good just unwind the material and make an 18st, twist count range from 10 and up to 40 has served me well, going way beyond 40 and you can actually put an apparent twist in your bow limb tips from the pressure of the loops.

backinblack

I use a 20 strand majesty string (with majesty serving to get a good nock fit with No.2 Nocks) but not in conjunction with Beiter nock point, though I'm pretty sure if you compress the strands closely by running a loop of serving material up and down the length of the string before you serve them on you can bring the string diameter down far enough to get both halves of the Nock point to meet. To see if this is feasible without going to the expense and time of making a complete string, just do ten laps around the posts on one end of the jig try and compress the strands as mentioned above and try size for a good fit, if no good just unwind the material and make an 18st, twist count range from 10 and up to 40 has served me well, going way beyond 40 and you can actually put an apparent twist in your bow limb tips from the pressure of the loops.
Hi Buzz,

Many thanks for your reply. Just out of interest, what type of thread and size do you use for your centre serving? If there is a problem with getting the nocking points on the string, I might do without if I am happy with the way the string performs.

Thanks again,
John

buzz lite beer

I use 0.021in Majesty Serving material to get a snug nock fit on Bieter No.2's when using 20st but string is able to rotate within the "ears" of the nock.

Ar-Pe-Lo

I'm using 20 strand majesty with no.2 nocking points...you have to use serving tool first as buzz sugested to compress string and then the fit is perfect :)