BCY dynaflite supra strings

Hansebert

Hey i got a premade BCY supra, im guessing its a good string but ive heard ppl say premade strings arent great and say making your own is better... (does anyone have an online guide to making strings?) what do they mean? any one any advice?

Hidden Hippo

There's nothing wrong with shop bought strings per se, its just that often homemade ones and custom made ones are higher quality. I've made a couple of strings myself and it is a very difficult thing to do, at least for the first few times and it will take quite a long time to make the first couple (about 2 1/2 hours per string). However, I now use custom made ones (SDM strings on my recurve and BlingStrings on my compound) which are far better than the ones I've made and cheaper than buying a couple of spools of material to mess up and a string jig on which to make them. Granted, if you get good at it then eventually it will be cheaper, but a new recurve string is only ?10 and a full set of strings and cables is only ?45.

This is the guide I used for making my strings.

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
It depends what is meant by pre made... my strings all come from aardvark archery... but tbh, I wouldn't want anybody other than Lez or neil making my strings... and thats exactly who makes the pre-made ones in the shop!! :beer:

Tropicalshot

i make my own recurve strings, a good skill to have if you have the patience to learn and dont mind the odd stuff up,
but as for compound find a reputable string maker and stick with them.
i promote BLINGSTRINGS for a good quality string