How do you store your angel majesty string?

EVC

I followed the suggestion to burnish the string and it does get beautifully round. However if I fold it as I usually do with my 8125 strings, strands separate a lot.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
I followed the suggestion to burnish the string and it does get beautifully round. However if I fold it as I usually do with my 8125 strings, strands separate a lot.
Pretty much. The only solution I found was to wax it, which sort of defeats the object of using Majesty :)

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I have seen some archers who wrap their strings round a circular biscuit tin( or similar) They also use the tin to store odds and ends.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
I shoot majesty and majesty pro. I gently fold my strings without a problem. Never wax them.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I've found that you can't fold them up without them separating and they started to go 'hairy' so I had to use wax. And it was ?#?& expensive. I don't think that I'll bother again when my current spool runs out.

BillM

The advice I got from an International archer was to secure the end loops with a safety pin then coil the string so it will fit into an envelope (although I use 7"x5" zip-loc bags. I also have some white leccy tape on the safety pin on which I record the string details. No folds so no string separation.

BillM