How to fold a bowstring for storage when not shooting

JamesArchery

Real beginner's question now for you: what's the best way (or what ways are there) to fold a bowstring?
Anyone know of any instructional videos online demonstrating this?

Cheers

James

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Real beginner's question now for you: what's the best way (or what ways are there) to fold a bowstring?
Anyone know of any instructional videos online demonstrating this?

Cheers

James
The simplest way to keep the twists, is to pass one loop through the other then the second one through the first again to lock it. Or use a clothes peg, or a clip of some sort. The rest doesn't matter much. I generally just fold it loosely a couple of times so it will fit in the bag.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I have a limb tip protector on my bottom limb which makes it a pain to get off. So my string comes off the top limb then over the end of the bottom limb, it gets folded a couple of times, an elastic band round it and into my bow bag it goes.

Corax67

I was taught Rik's method - Pass bottom loop through top loop, feed top back through bottom before pulling gently to tighten & loop string once to form a small double circle that fits neatly inside my bow case.

Karl

BillM

I was seen using the method mentioned by Rik by an experienced archer and he recommended securing the end loops with a safety pin and coiling the string so that it will fit into a 7"x5" zip-lock bag. No folds and the twists are kept. I add a bit of leccy tape to the safety pin and write the details of the string on it.

BillM