Keeping String Twists

Wooks

Hi
I was wondering when you dis-assemble your bow what do you guys do to keep the twists in your string to maintain your bracing height?? I've been told to put the loops together and fold them upon themselves, so I was wondering if there any othher ways? Cheers

worthipa

Supporter
Supporter
There's loads of other ways, fastening both loops together with a safety pin for one. However, it's only to stop the string unravelling to any extent and isn't a substitute for checking your bracing height with your bow square every time you string your bow up ....

danda

I was taught to lift the loops off the bow and link the loops. Small through the bib, then pull the big thought the small again. Keeps it perfect until next time.

Wooks

I was taught to lift the loops off the bow and link the loops. Small through the bib, then pull the big thought the small again. Keeps it perfect until next time.
That's the way I've been taught but I didn't express it that way :duh: I was just wondering if there were any other methods???

Bald Eagle

Some leave the string on the limbs when they are removed from the bow so it goes back on as it came off, but you still need to check your bracing height.

archer_thom

I use a nice simple method, providing you do it the same. When you unstring the bow, slide the big loop down the limb, put the small loop on top of it, take them off the limb and put the centre serving through both loops. This keeps the twists.

C

Cimbian

Clothes peg nicked from the wife.

'tis a lazy archer that doesn't check brace height when assembling AND disassembling their recurve and they'll get the score the deserve.