Threading a serving tool/jig

Osmosis

Hi all,

Good old archery equipment and its lack of instructions.

Can someone please help me figure this out?

I have a new Spigarelli serving tool and would love to know the correct direction to wind the thread up through the bars and out the hole.

L and R are Left and Right as a visual aid.

You might just be able to make out from the last picture that the left edge of bar number 3 is partially visible through the thread hole.

So starting with the spool itself: taking the direction of L to R (left to right, as seen in the pics) as being clockwise, when the thread is pulled should the spool rotate clockwise or anti-clockwise?

And then round which combination of bars does the thread now go? Spool is clockwise, starting from L, 1, 2, 3, hole? Spool is anti-clockwise, starting from R, 2, 1, 3, hole? etc.

Many thanks if someone in the know can help,

Osmo

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Osmosis, assuming there are no instructions with any of thses servers, not just yours; perhaps a guess is required.
This is what I would do; could be totally wrong ,though.
Looking at your right hand picture; the hole through which the serving is threaded, seems in line with the left hand side of bar 3.
Working backwards from the hole,I would run the string passing the left of bar 3. Round bar 3,pass the right of bar 2 then left of bar 1. I would expect the thread to be peeling from the right side of the reel.
If the thread is threaded so it crosses itself at various places, is there a risk that, as the thread unwinds from the reel, the threads will rub each other when the thread is peeling from near the middle of the reel . Then later, not rub, when peeling from one end or the other?
My Cavalier has only two rollers, so perhaps the path is not so critical, just a thought.

EVC

I suggest you cover those washers/pin heads with some sort of tape (I have used two layers of 3M isolation tape) to protect your fingers as they are sharp.

:beer:

Elder.