Useless at tying off string

Hi all,

Very newbie question but need some advice on tying off the loops on my string. Everytime I think I've done it correctly the string seems to lose its twists and I end up with a splayed strong when unstrung - I'm able to tie my own shoes though.

Cheers,

Lugg Valley Archer

chuffalump

Assuming you mean securing the string after you take down the bow, to stop it untwisting, then I use a shoe lace. Hold the two string loops together, pick the shoe lace up by the middle, put this through the two string loops and spread it. Take the loose ends of the lace through the spread end and pull tight. Never failed me yet.

You can put one loop through the other and then over it too before pulling back to tighten up but I prefer the lace.

Mark31121

Ironman
Assuming you mean securing the string after you take down the bow, to stop it untwisting, then I use a shoe lace. Hold the two string loops together, pick the shoe lace up by the middle, put this through the two string loops and spread it. Take the loose ends of the lace through the spread end and pull tight. Never failed me yet.

You can put one loop through the other and then over it too before pulling back to tighten up but I prefer the lace.
I like this one - especially if you use a shoelace for a sling as you could either duel -purpose the one or find a use for the other one.

I use a string twist keeper (little plastic thing to hold the loops together), others use clothes pegs, thread the loops through their sight bar or even the clips on their arm guards.

- - - Updated - - -

I like this one - especially if you use a shoelace for a sling as you could either duel -purpose the one or find a use for the other one.

I use a string twist keeper (little plastic thing to hold the loops together), others use clothes pegs, thread the loops through their sight bar or even the clips on their arm guards.

Mufti

Clothes peg.
With the string fitted on the bow, a good waxing and careful kneeding (don't rub and heat it up) it will not tend to unwind as much.