Screws needed

CPlater1

Due to many years of being a ham-fisted youngster (and screws made of soft cheese) I have rounded out a few hex heads on my kit that I would like to replace.

These are the 2 screws that hold the blade on a Trophy Taker 2 rest and the 2 screws that hold the hex rod in place on the Sureloc 3rd Axis block. Obviously I would prefer not to have to buy new kit, so replacing the screws themselves would be nice!

If anyone has these screws, or could tell me the thread sizes, many thanks in advance!

albatross

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Due to many years of being a ham-fisted youngster (and screws made of soft cheese) I have rounded out a few hex heads on my kit that I would like to replace.

These are the 2 screws that hold the blade on a Trophy Taker 2 rest and the 2 screws that hold the hex rod in place on the Sureloc 3rd Axis block. Obviously I would prefer not to have to buy new kit, so replacing the screws themselves would be nice!

If anyone has these screws, or could tell me the thread sizes, many thanks in advance!

I'm not familiar with your model bow. However. I replaced screws on my Hoyt form a U.K. company called http://www.a2stainless.co.uk/aboutus.aspx.

Have a look at their site.

Stash

The Sure Loc screws are 6-32 thread x 3/8" long. use a 7/32" hex wrench. I don't have a TT rest, but if they use the same hex wrench they will be the same size, and if they use the next larger key (1/8") they will be 8-32 thread or next smaller key 3/32" they will be 4-40

Note that 6-32 is NOT 6/32" - it's #6 size, 32 threads per inch.

Stash

Finding Imperial machine screws seems to be a regular topic on AIUK. Maybe someone should import a few hundred in each of the popular sizes and act as a British distributor to the archery community?

There's a major fastener supplier right next to my place of work - I'd be happy to pick them up for you over here and ship them.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Hey, Stash that's a great idea.I am tempted to say send them to me..... I guess there are others with better skills who are used to posting things off to people.

Stash

It's kind of frustrating for me to read these threads - I have bags of these things lying around - so many I don't bother putting them back into the bags sometimes - I just throw them out. But not worth the time and effort to mail them 2 at a time across the ocean.

GoneBad

try a local search for 'nuts & bolt' 'fixings and fasteners'. Here are a few to try.

G.R Fasteners Avonmouth Trade Counter - G.R Fasteners & Engineering Supplies Ltd

Bristol Nuts bolts and fixings, manufacturers of fasteners, screw machine products, chain and springs

Nuts & Bolts in?Bristol | Reviews - Yell

I have a local shop in Camberley that sells all sorts of nuts and bolts. I just walk in and say 'I want one of these' or ' I need something to fit in this threaded hole' and the salesperson wanders out the back for 5 minutes and returns with the correct nut or bolt. Lucky me :cheerful:. One of the above must be a similar shop in Bristol.

CPlater1

I ordered online after finding out the TT blade is held by 6-32 screws. I'm hoping these are more of a firm cheddar than a soft brie used as the material...