Arrow Nocks

terryc1

Hi All
Not long into Archery, enjoying it though, That's the main thing!!
When I bought by gear, included was some Easton Jazz 1516 arrows with a 1/4 inch tapered nock (standard?).
A couple of the nocks are coming loose. Having a look at shops and a bit of studying, I am lost!!
Do I go and just buy some of the same. Or do I start off buying something better ? Will need some guidance on what to buy.
Appreciate your time and advice.
Terry

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
Buy some to match the ones already fitted. If you are not sure what they are then ask the person or shop that made them. They are usually helpful.

jonUK76

If they have just come off but are otherwise undamaged you can just glue them back on. A small dab of Superglue works well for taper fit nocks but it bonds instantly so care needed to align the nocks correctly.

ben tarrow

It would be really great if the shops wrote on the receipt what nocks and fletching they put on arrows.
I wish I'd got ?1 for everytime I was asked what nocks and/or fletching were on an arrow.
My advice to our novices is, when you buy a set of made up arrows, get a pack of each of the fletchings and a pack of spare nocks. At least they might have the empty packets by the time they need to buy replacements

terryc1

Thanks for replies.
Was just wondering if, when you buy 'made up arrows', the shops used inferior stuff and whether I should have bought something better??
Terry

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
As far as I am aware, reputable shops will have default, favourite components for making up arrows that they always use unless asked for something special. It won't be top of the range but it won't be rubbish either.

terryc1

As advised, rang shop and ordered some replacements, just in case!!
Just like to thank you for your time and advice.
Happy new year. A happy and healthy 2017 to everyone. (will be back in the new year)!!
Terry