Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrono scores

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    And which riser they are on. I can get a 20% difference between the same air of limbs on an aggressive riser and a more moderate geometry!
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

Thanks
    Plus variations in chronos and conditions on testing (lighting can be an issue)...
    Ideally, you need a reference setup: i.e. This pair of limbs with this handle set to this angle, with this shaft of this weight, and drawn to this weight produces X fps, then measure everything else as a delta to that...
    A database might be interesting, but it would only be useful for indicating gross differences. As a WAG, you'd probably have to say that limbs producing results with +-10% of each other were within the error range and equivalent to each other. Unfortunately, I suspect that would include most limbs on the market!
    Ever tried? Ever failed?
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better! - Beckett

The marksman who hesitates is lost. Just take it for granted that you are going to hit and fire away before you have time to doubt the certainty of success. - Annie Oakley, 1894.

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    No, that wouldn't work, because different limbs require different shaft spines/weights, because of their different relative efficiencies.

There's a reason why no one actually does this...

In the Red
    Thanks
    thanks for all the positivity guys, well appreciated.

jesus I just want to help some of the guys at the club when they start asking the which limbs, including myself, by getting some comparrisons.

SF limbs are X slower than win win limbs of the same poundage

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 957 Posts
    I can understand that you want to help the newer members at the club with their arrow selections. I guess that happens at many clubs.
    From what you have written in this thread, you are prepared to spend a great deal of time putting some data together to make the advice more useful/more accurate.
    It would seem though, that after all your hard work, the results will end up being very similar to using the charts.
    There are so many variables that huge numbers of pieces of data would be needed, and I think that is how the Easton charts were produced in the first place.
    I think the posts that you have found to be negative, were made to try to save you a lot of effort that could end up leading to frustration.
    Even if a powerful computer was used and fed with masses of bits of accurate data, the results would not give a really accurate match because the human being in the equation is also a variable and one that is rarely a "known quantity".
    It's like the idea that an archer's draw length can be calculated from their arm span. It's better to watch them drawing a bow properly, than to use data from thousands of archers.

Thanks
    I think the OP was trying to show which limbs were faster than others, and by how much...not arrow selection.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast