Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 7 to 10 of 10

Thread: Compound sights 3 pin or 5 pin?

  1. #7
    It's an X jerryRTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Stowmarket Suffolk
    Posts
    4,302
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 117 Times in 98 Posts
    What poundage bow, what IBO speed, what draw length and what arrows?
    just point,pull & click the mouse button

  2.  

  3. #8
    In the Black
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pontefract
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryRTD View Post
    What poundage bow, what IBO speed, what draw length and what arrows?
    My bow is a PSE stinger extreme 70LB but I'll probably be setting it up at more like 35LB - 40LB to begin with till I get into it. At my draw length of 27 inches though the bow will probably max out at around 57LB. Arrows are maximal edge carbon, spine 400 and weight about 380 grain. IBO speed at that draw length will probably be in the 250-260 fps region so I'm hoping for a tight parabola to my target.

  4. #9
    In the Blue
    jonUK76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 50 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
    At my draw length of 27 inches though the bow will probably max out at around 57LB.
    It'll max out at 70 lb. From the manual, @ 27" with the cable in the "performance" position, peak weights range from 45 lbs (limbs fully out 15 turns) to 70 lbs (limbs fully in). With the cable moved to the "grow with you" position, the range changes to 38 to 61.5 lbs.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to jonUK76 For This Useful Post:

    RogerM (29-12-18)

  6. #10
    In the Black
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pontefract
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonUK76 View Post
    It'll max out at 70 lb. From the manual, @ 27" with the cable in the "performance" position, peak weights range from 45 lbs (limbs fully out 15 turns) to 70 lbs (limbs fully in). With the cable moved to the "grow with you" position, the range changes to 38 to 61.5 lbs.
    Thanks for that.

    Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Compound bow sights
    By piscafile in forum Recurve Bow
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25-01-16, 10:48 AM
  2. Compound sights ?
    By tonyc1974 in forum Sights,Scopes & Peeps
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-05-13, 05:56 PM
  3. Why are compound sights different to recurve sights ?
    By pentrekeeper in forum General Archery Discussion & News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-10-09, 05:39 PM
  4. Compound Sights
    By antob in forum Equipment Discussion Q&A
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-11-08, 04:49 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •