Cxt riser Grip

stafkoi

Hi, is there anyone out there that has purchased the cxt riser grip that is being sold as rubberised, I would like to know if it is rubberised and if it is a improvement on the original grip, the only review I can find says it's the same as the original grip so no difference.
Thankyou in advance
Stafkoi

stafkoi

No, the cxt grip is very good shape wise, it is just a bit slippy, maybe it's like that to pervent torge I'm not sure, so I thought I would try a rubberised one if they are rubberised

fbirder

You could try a thin layer of Vet Wrap on the grip. That will make it less slippy with very little impact on the shape, or on your pocket.

sURFMONKEY73

Otherwise known as compression bandage. Boots sell it, usually in a blue roll. Always keep a roll in my bow case.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Geophys

Dunlop tennis racket wrap, ?2.99 for 3, not many recurve shooters at my club that don't use one on their grip. I even use them on top of my Jager grips, on both my CXT and Wiawis risers.

Andyt23

Good suggestions if you wanted to modify the grip shape, but I'd be interested to know if there is a more grippy basic cxt grip too. I also get on with the original shape, but find it gets slippy if I get to warm and sweaty and have to keep wiping my hand between shots. I've tried vet wrap but didn't get on with it. I don't want to add bulk, just a grippier grip.

Does anywhere in the UK sell the jager grips? I'd give one of those a go.

I'm surprised only Hoyt seem to offer a range of grips, as one of the main interfaces with the bow I'd have thought there'd be more choice generally, by third parties and bow manufacturers alike. I suppose more choice could lead to more people making the wrong choice, but that's true off everything...

Chil

If you want a Jager grip then just order from them direct I found they do a good service and you can get a choice of colours. I have a Jager grip and love it.

stafkoi

Hi,
I have just taken delivery of a jager grip and have shot once with it, I must say it does feel a lot more secure when using it, I can't say I love it yet like some people but I can see it growing on me more and more as I get to use it more, I would like to thank everyone who replied and will give a update after a few months of use.
Cheers

fbirder

There are often CXT Jager grips on Ebay. I bought a disgustingly coloured (therefore cheap) one just so I could try it before spending a lot of cash on a nicely-coloured one from Jager direct.

Andyt23

Hi, is there anyone out there that has purchased the cxt riser grip that is being sold as rubberised, I would like to know if it is rubberised and if it is a improvement on the original grip, the only review I can find says it's the same as the original grip so no difference.
Thankyou in advance
Stafkoi
So to answer the original question about the CXT replacement grip - I've discovered that it isn't any different to the original that comes on the riser, except for being silver (or navy, red or black).

I've moved on to wondering how to choose which Jager grip to try (in the absence of cheap ones on eBay :() ... Best Style 1 or 2.0; Medium or high grip.
I'd be interested in what you went for stafkoi, and look forward to a progress report. Good luck.