Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Field Knifes

Thanks

Field Knifes

Hi,

After my first 'proper' go around our club 3D, I discovered how useful a good strong knife is for digging arrows out of posts and back stops!!

The guys in the club house showed me some nice short and stout hunting/survival/field knifes they had. I was told to get one with a good quality thick blade that also has a pommel end. Parkin was suggested from Amazon, but I can't find one like theirs.

For the life me, I can't find a knife that fits the bill. I've looked at a load of UK shop websites and waded through 1000's of knifes, nothing seems to fit the bill or is like what the guys in my club have.

I'm looking for a thick short blade with pommel end in a pouch to fit onto my belt suitable for digging out arrows (not from living trees!) My budget is a VERY begrudging 80 max!

Could anybody help me find one by directing me to a shop or item?

Thanks,
    Rob.
    30# recurve Black Hunter

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    I just use a screwdriver. Don't need to go all macho.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

Thanks
    As practical as a screwdriver would be, it's not exactly 'in keeping' with the whole 'woodsy' kinda vibe when walking through the trees.
    I'd like a small "macho" knife as it would have other uses from time to time
    30# recurve Black Hunter

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    There are good reasons for using a screwdriver - the number of arrows I've seen damaged by knives is numerous, and knives are expensive. I'd rather spend the money on my shooting equipment. My trusty screwdriver is good for a lot of things as well as arrow extraction, and raises no eyebrows when I travel overseas to shoot.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

In the Blue
    Thanks
    I'm not sure what kind of pommel end you're looking for but something like the Mora Robust should fit the bill at a fraction of the budget if you're not a knife snob or offended by plastic. I've got a very similar model except with a green handle and sheath. I've used it several times to prise arrows out, to the extent of hammering on the butt end with a mallet and the knife suffered no damage at all. Not with huge force but not what you'd call gentle either. It has a very sharp carbon steel blade, not stainless (so keep it oiled to avoid rust).

In the White
    Thanks
    Look up 'Wrecking Knife/Chisel' around 15 and made for a tough life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast