Thread: Shibuya Ultima CPX.

In the White
    Thanks

Shibuya Ultima CPX.

Hi after some advice please. I have the newer style Ultima CPX compound sight.

As far as I can see it has the following left to right adjustment when setting it up. I can use the offset mount block to get 8mm or 16mm adjustment. Or the mounting of the sight block via the 2nd axis bolts to get 10mm adjustment.

But the problem I have is having tuned my bow I have the windage all the way to the left. So have no adjustment remaining to the left on the windage. Not ideal outdoors in the wind. . To centre the windage so I have equal adjustment available when shooting in the wind I need to move it by 4mm.

With the old model there was a thick tube the scope clamped to. You could undo the clamps to this and move it as big or little as you wanted. As far as I can see you cannot do this on the new one.

Also as the scope is bolted to the sight direct not on a threaded rod you cannot unwind the rod either.

Anyone know it it is still possible to make small adjustments? Just looking for the way Shibuya have built in (the manual is mute on this) not looking for home brew solutions.

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Compound10 View Post
    Hi after some advice please. I have the newer style Ultima CPX compound sight.

As far as I can see it has the following left to right adjustment when setting it up. I can use the offset mount block to get 8mm or 16mm adjustment. Or the mounting of the sight block via the 2nd axis bolts to get 10mm adjustment.

But the problem I have is having tuned my bow I have the windage all the way to the left. So have no adjustment remaining to the left on the windage. Not ideal outdoors in the wind. . To centre the windage so I have equal adjustment available when shooting in the wind I need to move it by 4mm.

With the old model there was a thick tube the scope clamped to. You could undo the clamps to this and move it as big or little as you wanted. As far as I can see you cannot do this on the new one.

Also as the scope is bolted to the sight direct not on a threaded rod you cannot unwind the rod either.

Anyone know it it is still possible to make small adjustments? Just looking for the way Shibuya have built in (the manual is mute on this) not looking for home brew solutions.

Thanks
    The only thing I can see in the manual http://www.shibuya-archery.com/english/faq/index.html seems to involve some disassembly and shifting of the bit the threaded rod fits through. Or is yours a different model?
    Ever tried? Ever failed?
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better! - Beckett

The marksman who hesitates is lost. Just take it for granted that you are going to hit and fire away before you have time to doubt the certainty of success. - Annie Oakley, 1894.

In the White
    Thanks
    hi - yes looked at that and thats the previous model..... tried to take apart but I can get it to stick further out right (by adding washers or nuts - left hand archer) but can't it it further left. If I move it left by moving the block I'm right up against the windage on the other side.... not sure I want to do that and pack it out with nuts as it gets a bit week.

The old one was so much better with the rod you could move.