[English Longbow] longbow story books?

garygazscott

Hi all
are there any good books about longbow archers. i have read all the ones by bernard cornwell and can not seem to fine any more?. staff at WH smiths just seem to scrach there heads when i ask them
yours Gary

cloutman360

Hi all
are there any good books about longbow archers. i have read all the ones by bernard cornwell and can not seem to fine any more?. staff at WH smiths just seem to scrach there heads when i ask them
yours Gary

THE BLACK ARROW by Robert Louis Stevenson.

THE WHITE COMPANY by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

SIR NIGEL also by Conan Doyle.

Dreadnaught

Ironman
books

Hi Garygazscott,
I read Harlequin by Bernard Cornwell and thought it about the best book I've ever read. Could you tell me please which other books he has written which are of a similar theme.

regards Dreadnaught

Huffy

Hi Garygazscott,
I read Harlequin by Bernard Cornwell and thought it about the best book I've ever read. Could you tell me please which other books he has written which are of a similar theme.

regards Dreadnaught
The other three books that Bernard Cornwell has written that deal with longbow archers are the grail quest.

they are
Harlequin
Vagabond
Heretic

Best wishes, Mark

garygazscott

Hi there sorry about the slow reply been away. there not the same but there are a good set of books buy mr cornwell. the last kingdom/pale horsemen/and the lords of the north. all good books just not about archres .thats the only down side

WuW

Hi Garygazscott,
Just noticed your querey.
Not really longbow archers but good historical fiction/fictional history but Conn Iggulden's Conqueror Series, which looks at Genghis Khan: Wolf of the Plains, Lords of the Bow(title is a bit of a giveaway!) and Bones of the Hills.
Robert Low's Oathsworn series also features Norse Longbow men but not as leading/main characters: Whale Road, Wolf Sea and White Raven.
All worth a read.
Oh and Mr Cornwell has hinted at a return to Thomas of Hookton for a 4th book looking at Poitiers!
WuW

Dreadnaught

Ironman
books

Hi chaps,
I got a set of three Bernard Cornwall from Amazon a few days ago"The Grail Quest" set but be warned "The Archers Tale" is the same identical book as "Harlequin" which I already had so they got that one back. I'm guessing the U.S. market has a different title like they did with one of the Harry Potter books.

ChakaZulu

Not really longbow archers but good historical fiction/fictional history but Conn Iggulden's Conqueror Series, which looks at Genghis Khan
I've not read these. Are they as diabolically inaccurate as his Emperor series, which is allegedly about Julius Caesar?

WuW

conqueror series

Hi ChakaZulu,
I haven't read the Caesar books, but can't comment on the histerical accuracy or lack thereof in the Khan books, knowing little about the man other than his name-and that his folk used bows! Good story though.

WuW

books

Hi Dreadnaught,
The man himself was not happy with the namechange for the US market edition of Harlequin, it was a decision made by the US publishing house:-apparently you guys have a romance range over there called Harlequin Romances or some such, they were worried people would buy it looking for romance and find slaughter instead! No pleasing some folk eh?