[English Longbow] Totally unofficial longbow rankings

steve58

A longbow shooting friend of mine was very happy that he had been able to gather the scores needed for an official GNAS ranking.
I suspect most of us wouldn't really want to shoot the required set of rounds, so I wondered whether there would be any interest in doing something unofficial on here? Just as a talking point?
I thought basic rules would be 3 scores to be submitted, Yorks for the gents, Herefords for the ladies, at least the age-appropriate Bristol on day of shoot for the juniors.
One way or 2 way as you prefer.
All scores to be shoot at tournaments, no club days/private practice.

Archers to post their scores (or on behalf of non-members by agreement) on this thread by 31 December stating acrcher's name and the round, date, place and score eg:

Steve Gamble
3 Yorks
12 June, Boston, 379
21 August, Abbeydale, 381
25 September, Derbyshire Champs, 377
Total 1137

I'll go through and post a ranking in the new year.

ditherer

unofficial longbow rankings

hi stevean old sparring partner of yours from cheshire hereyork scores29/5/11 welbeck archers 419 2nd25/9/11 derbyshire champs 420 1st2/10/11 ncas 5 counties 373 2ndsee you next outdoor season max ives-keeler

steve58

Hi Steve, just to clarify something, the rounds we are talking of do they have to be record status or not?
Hi Lee.
My thought was that provided it was a proper tournament, not a club target day or private practice, that would be fair enough.
That lets in people who focus on 2 way BLBS shoots (which I think are harder anyway!). It's also sometimes the case that the admin does not get done on time and a shoot that you would really expect to be RS loses it for a year, eg the last Notts champs.
Hope that helps
Steve