[American Flatbow] Nocking point for longbow / flatbow

sandramx5

I have been using dental floss to mark nocking point but it keeps fraying and moving I dont want to use brass points what else could I use .

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
Braided nylon serving thread, treated first with string wax. Tie it in place then use a blob of superglue to fix it.

BasicNigel

Ironman
Linen or cotton 'button' thread.
Tie in place as normal, drop of super glue. If you don't wax first the fibers will absorb some glue and make a better bond.
Downside, it's a b####r to remove. Normaly find I've glued the point to the serving too (not managed to glue the serving to the string...... yet)

Si2

use a bit of serving.
I wax the serving first then wrap a short length of serving string over it - around 7 to 8 turns, then go back over to give a double wrap. Then tie a knot and drop some very thin super glue on it.
If you're neat and not too bold with the SG you can end up with a knocking point that you can adjust up and down by twisting.
Si2

modernlongbow

If the serving is adequate, a copper staple such as one finds holding corrugated cardboard boxes together, can give up some length and make a perfectly good nocking point that is softer then brass. Cut it so that the ends just meet when it wraps around the serving, and line it with a bit of plastic or rubber sheet just before crimping. The best tool is one of those all-purpose wire stripper/crimper tools that electronics technicians use. These will let you shape the copper bit, as well as crimp it into place. Be kind to your serving, and hit well.

B Shackell

I have been using dental floss to mark nocking point but it keeps fraying and moving I dont want to use brass points what else could I use .
Use Quilters Tape available from Hobbycraft or ebay cheap, easy to apply and stays put
Has a self adhesive side and fabric outer side
Can easily be removed if you need to change your nocking point
I used to use dental floss and glue this is much better been using of 2 years with no problems
Regards
Bill