CLICK TO REGISTER FOR THE AIUK IRONMAN
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes
Discuss Bimble's archery photos at the Photographs, Artwork & Video within Archery Interchange Forums; Normally around this time I'm writing a post telling you how the Indoor University Championships ...
    It's an X AIUK subscriber. bimble's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

BUCS Indoor - Northern Qualifier

Normally around this time I'm writing a post telling you how the Indoor University Championships is the largest tournament in the country with over 600 archers coming together.

This year is slightly different, mostly because in an attempt to give even more archers the opportunity to participate there are two (a Northern and a Southern) qualifier events of which the top 74 recurvers, 28 barebows, 16 compounders and 8 longbowists in each gender go through to a grand final to shoot a fita 18, and if they make a further cut, take part in head-to-head matches to decide the final champions.

However, this weekend was the Northern Qualifier held in the EIS Sheffield. The full album is on Flickr and can be found HERE

The Southern Qualifier will be occurring in a couple of weeks down in Crawley, and the finals a couple weeks after that, over in Bristol.
    Mark31121, Sizzler and Scherief like this.
    Knowing is half the battle, the other half is violence

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bimble For This Useful Post:

aracharspen (16-03-17), eedubberlshan (19-03-17), eeschoenalph (21-03-17), hnorthnorth (21-03-17), oshotkosktere (08-03-17)

3. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

BUCS Indoor - Southern Qualifier

Well, it's been a few weeks now, and so we've had the Southern Qualifier for the British University Indoor Archery Champs. This was yesterday over in the K2 arena in Crawley, which was quite nice as it was just a day trip for me, rather than a couple of night away. The full album is over on Flickr and can be found following the link - PHOTOS HERE

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bimble For This Useful Post:

aracharspen (16-03-17), eedubberlshan (19-03-17), eeschoenalph (21-03-17), hnorthnorth (21-03-17), oshotkosktere (08-03-17)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

British University Team Championships

Another week and another big university shoot, this time the Team Championship, which make use of the famous Beiter hit/miss targets. This being a mobile tournament, it means that it's hosted by different universities every year. The advantage of this is that while sometimes the shoot might be far away, sometimes it's close. This year it was in Lancaster. Which for me is far away! The full album is on flickr and can be found HERE

The format is real simple. 32 teams of three archers. Everyone shoots a Bray I and the teams are seeded. Then it's a straight head-to-head round with the hit/miss targets. Two minutes, six arrows, four ends, winner carries on.

I will admit, there might have been a few more photos, but after a break of eight year my alma mater made a return to the BUTC, and having never made it through the first round before, this year they carried on right up to the bronze medal match (before finishing 4th). So I was cheering them on. I kid thee not, in their first match they scored more hits that the previous four teams had in BUTC competitions COMBINED! So we've gone 32nd (last), 28th, 22nd/31st (two teams that year), and then 4th!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bimble For This Useful Post:

eedubberlshan (19-03-17), eeschoenalph (21-03-17), hnorthnorth (21-03-17), oshotkosktere (13-03-17)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Grand Final - University Indoor Champs

At the end of a long indoor season we finally have the Indoor University Grand Finals. It is a change from previous years where there has been the one shoot where everyone is invited, to a pair of regional shoots to qualify for the finals (which are decided via a head-to-head round). Throw in the Team Championships shoot in Lancaster (see above), it has been a busy couple of months of university archery. But it culminates in this, the chance fo be crowned British University Indoor Champion. The full album is HERE

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Northampton Field Shoot

Thankfully we are into the outdoor season!! Whoop!! This weekend I was at the Northampton field shoot. My weekend didn't go quite as planned after my bow just didn't feel settled... and then the rest broke. So that sucked! However, if there were enough entrants in the different disciplines they did a head-to-head to decide the top four positions. These photos are from that head-to-head, and include ladies and gents barebow, recurve and compound. The full album is up on Flickr - HERE

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Some nice pics there! Also, it's good to see the custom colour Luxor I sold earlier this year put to good use
    Marcus26: A coaching qualification means that you attended a seminar. My cat can attend a seminar.

Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast