Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
Like Tree62Likes
Discuss Bimble's archery photos at the Photographs, Artwork & Video within Archery Interchange Forums; a bit earlier today, mostly because I'm working this evening. But, Day Four of the ...
    It's an X AIUK subscriber. bimble's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

AGB Youth Festival - day four

a bit earlier today, mostly because I'm working this evening. But, Day Four of the AGB Youth Festival is teams day. This is often a bit trickier to photograph, as there are a lot of archers milling just behind the 1m line "getting in the way" but also because most of the teams present are simply put together, so it's not obvious there is a team shooting, as opposed to two archers just watching a third. Though there were a few actual teams present, such as those from Norther and the Republic of Ireland, and the Junior/Cadet GBR compound teams (who didn't take part in the afternoon, as you would expect them to win over an ad hoc team made of whomever was present.

That didn't stop the ladies from breaking the current world record (not ratifiable due to lack of international teams present) for the Cadet Ladies with a score of 229!

The full album for the day is up on Flickr & can be found HERE

Knowing is half the battle, the other half is violence

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bimble For This Useful Post:

eedubberlshan (16-09-17), rmonclermc10071 (07-09-17)

3. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Youth Festival - day five

due to a slight screw up on my part (accidentally deleting the folder of photos I'd decided to put up) this ended up being spread over two albums. The morning session, which was mixed teams, and the afternoon session (full teams). Totally my bad for hitting the wrong key on the new laptop and then leaving the power cable in the Orangery so I didn't have the battery to sort out the photos AND put them all up in one go.

However, the morning session can be found HERE

and the afternoon session HERE

follows is a selection from both

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bimble For This Useful Post:

oshotkosktere (09-09-17)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Youth Festival - day six

A slight delay in photos (sorry, I had a long day shooting a York in the rain yesterday), but we're onto the last day of the AGB Youth Festival, which was the individual medal matches. Alas, I was only around for the morning session as I was covering The Worshipful Company of Fletchers Disability Games in the afternoon (those photos will go up here in the next couple of days).

Because it's the morning session there is only coverage of the Cubs & Cadets, as well as the exhibition matches put on by the Cadet & Junior GBR compound teams (loser does the washing up at all the winter training camps). The full album is up on Flickr and can be found HERE

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The Worshipful Company of Fletchers' Disability Games

along side the end of the Youth Festival there was the Worshipful Company of Fletchers' Disability Games up at Lilleshall. This was a shoot for all archers that have disabilities, including those that aren't covered by the Paralympic movement, such as those suffering from a visual impairment.

The first day had the ranking 720 round (which I missed due to being at the Youth Festival), followed by head-to-head matches. For the non-Paralympic disciplines these matches were done all the way to completion, whereas the Paralympic disciplines were to complete their medal matches the following day, over on the Orangery finals field, which was set up for the Youth Festival.

Photos from the first day of the Disability Games can be found in an album HERE

Photos from the second day of the Disability Games can be found in an album HERE

Following is a selection of photos from both days, covering all the disciplines.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334