CLICK TO REGISTER FOR THE AIUK IRONMAN
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
Like Tree65Likes
Discuss Bimble's archery photos at the Photographs, Artwork & Video within Archery Interchange Forums; A lot of cameras now offer a selective colour when in video or camera mode. ...
    In the Black AIUK subscriber.
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    A lot of cameras now offer a selective colour when in video or camera mode. Leaving everything in greyscale except the selected colour. Nice photos by the way.A lovely positive..
    [SIGPIC] When the road forks, follow your heart.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chrisgas For This Useful Post:

rmonclermc10071 (05-12-17)

3. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgas View Post
    A lot of cameras now offer a selective colour when in video or camera mode. Leaving everything in greyscale except the selected colour. Nice photos by the way.A lovely positive..
    Yes, and standard filters in editing tools often have similar things.
    I notice Snapseed now has a "selective" tool which lets you pick a colour on the photo, then apply brightness/contrast/saturation changes to just that colour. Kind of useful if you want (for example) boost the overall saturation, but then that makes one colour overblown...
    Ever tried? Ever failed?
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better! - Beckett

The marksman who hesitates is lost. Just take it for granted that you are going to hit and fire away before you have time to doubt the certainty of success. - Annie Oakley, 1894.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rik For This Useful Post:

rmonclermc10071 (05-12-17)

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 859 Posts
    Hi Bimble. thanks for the information.

It's an X AIUK subscriber. bimble's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Back2Back

Anyhow, as promised, Back2Back photos. Alas, I was unable to stay for the gold medal matches as I was working that night down in London and had to leave if I wanted to get there in time.

Now the format of the Back2Back is more or less simple. All the archers in a particular division are put into five groups of six archers. Then inside those groups there are a series of 12 arrow, round robin matches, with 2 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss. Once everyone has shot against everyone else in their group the top two from each group are automatically put through to the next round. Then the top eight scoring (cumulative score of all the arrows shot) of the non-auto qualifiers are also put through.

All these archers are then put into three new groups of six archers, and the process is repeated. This time the top two archers from each group and the top two non-auto qualifers are ranked into a top eight and a shoot-up is done.

Shoot-ups, if you weren't aware, is where the 8th ranked archer takes on the 7th ranked archer, and the winner stays on to then shoot against the 6th ranked archer... and then the winner of that match stays on to shoot against the 5th... etc, etc. And to mix it up, the X ring scores 11.

But enough writing, on with the photos!! The full album is on flickr and can be found HERE

I also played with a feature on my new camera of taking video at 100fps... it will do it in colour, but as it's a bit dark in the hall I stuck with filming in B&W. So you have compounders...

and then recurvers...

Dave and Del the Cat like this.
    Knowing is half the battle, the other half is violence

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536