Barebow Help with riser and limb setup

Hi all, i hope that somone can help me with a question.

I have a SF Elite+ Riser and am trying to find out the correction position for the Tiller bolt.

Hope this explination helps.

Have 32Lb limbs and the shop wound this up to 33.5lbs. Now the issue i have is that i do not know how many turn the shop put in. I have some new limbs comming and wish to set the bolts back to factory so can then wind them out to get 36lb limbs to around 34lb. Could anyone tell me how many turns i need to go from all the way in to the correct position.

Hope this makes sense.

Steve

Mark31121

Ironman
Screw them all the way in and then back out by five full turns (maybe six, but I wouldn't risk it). Be sure to measure your tiller before and after and keep it the same.

Screw them all the way in and then back out by five full turns (maybe six, but I wouldn't risk it). Be sure to measure your tiller before and after and keep it the same.
Thanks for the reply. Do you know what the average "default" point is on a riser? If 5 turns out is to loosen the limbs is 2.5 turns roughly the "default/Factory" start point?

Thanks for the help

Steve

Tuck

Default factory setting varies. Hoyt is set at mid point at factory, and six turns max is allowed out from bottom. (Source 2014 Hoyt Recurve Manual.)
Sebastion Flute is set to lowest poundage ie wound fully out.

Eat, Drink, Shoot, Enjoy.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Basically, forget the notion of "default". Once you've adjusted the bolts you won't ever get back precisely to that.
Instead just set things to what you want.
The exact bolt position to achieve the weight you want will typically be different from one set of limbs to another, even if they are limbs of the same model and marked weight. So the rule is always to measure - unless you don't really care, in which case "thereabouts" is good enough.

More specifically, the way you generally set up the bow correctly to match arrows is to vary the weight a little, so it's likely that any initial setup is just a starting point. So at it somewhere mid - way and work from there.

Default factory setting varies. Hoyt is set at mid point at factory, and six turns max is allowed out from bottom. (Source 2014 Hoyt Recurve Manual.)
Sebastion Flute is set to lowest poundage ie wound fully out.
Thanks for the reply, so if SF risers are wound all the way out it is not possible to reduce the pundage of you limbs?

I wanted to get imbs a couple of pound heavier then wind them out to make the lighter to start with, that way i can increase weight without buying new limbs for a while.

Steve

fbirder

I wanted to get imbs a couple of pound heavier then wind them out to make the lighter to start with, that way i can increase weight without buying new limbs for a while.
Just buy lighter limbs to start with. Suppose you wanted to start with 30# and slowly move up to 34#.

With SF you buy 30# limbs and slowly wind them up to 34#

With Hoyt you buy 32# limbs, wind them out to give 30# then slowly wind them up to 34#.