Barebow How to stop hitting my nose ?

Mike47j

I'm new to barebow and string walking.
With 3 fingers under and side of the face anchor, I have to lean my head to line up the string or arrow, but then the string often hits my nose.
What the best way to avoid this ?

Also, for long distance (60 and 80 yds) I switch to under the chin, but even though I try to get the same string/arrow picture there is a shift to the left (I'm right handed). It takes 2 turns less button pressure to get them back in the middle.
Is this caused by the loose being slightly different with the two anchor points ?

Kickaha

To stop hitting your nose you could try a more open stance.

The differing impact points is probably due to the change in draw length between the two styles. This impacts on arrow spine, hence why the pressure button adjustment.

Of course with barebow there are possibly more than one answer to each of your questions, welcome to the dark arts.

D

Deleted member 7654

Cant the bow over 5 or 10 degrees...
There is no good reason to hold a bow vertical... unless it is fitted with sights.
Del

steve Morley

I had this issue, the reason being I was too hard/deep into my anchor and it caused my head to turn slightly away, now I have a very light touch point in corner of my mouth and use the 'C' of my hand for bone on bone contact with my jaw, it stopped me turning my head and my Nose feels much better for the form change.