Barebow Riser groove edge

syedmk

Hi,

I usually make a search before posting but not sure what to look up for my question.

I know that the groove for the limb on a riser will have one line scratch but is it normal for the top most of the groove edge to have some sort of wear? Mine is only like 2 weeks plus.. picture below

Photo 02-05-2013 19 50 41 (Custom).jpg W&W WinEx 25" Riser

buzz lite beer

it's fine, you have the paint damage now, but when you locate the limbs you need not always push the limb dowel down toward the limb pocket, and sometimes the detent spring in the dovetail dowel is just very stiff and as a result of its limited movement it will wear away paint and anodizing, and over time form a groove.

syedmk

Hi buzz.. ah yes, limb pocket it is.. yeap the center groove I guess that's meant to happen, but I wonder if the limb pocket edge too is expected? Maybe it looks like reflection but it's not actually.. hurmm.. not a good pic I guess..

Badgers Dad

Hi syedmk, if you looked at the reverse of the limbs you'd see the same marks as you see at the edge of the limb pockets, it just normal shooting wear, as the edge of the limb pocket on a winex is the only point of contact with the limb (other than the limb bolt)
if it is bothering you then just stick a piece of electrical tape along the back of the limb where the ridge contacts the riser. That will protect the paint finish.