Barebow Show us your Barebow

blakey

barebow 002.jpg

As the title says. I thought I'd kick it off, although my rig is fairly boring. This is my Field set up. :)

steve Morley

CAM00881.jpg

My Vanquish beast with bespoke BB weights used for Field/3D.

I'm still shooting my Best Moon with light 36# limbs for Indoors, I took a file to the chunky grip and transformed that bow into a shooting machine.

cweg

That's my Bow

Gillo G1, Uukha EX1 medium 34", LBS 13 Strand String, Spig ZT and Beiter Button, Internal weight Kit and 400g Weight in the bottom Bushing.

My wonderful VLBB Cordovan Tab.....love it!

Valkamai

That's my Bow

Gillo G1, Uukha EX1 medium 34", LBS 13 Strand String, Spig ZT and Beiter Button, Internal weight Kit and 400g Weight in the bottom Bushing.

My wonderful VLBB Cordovan Tab.....love it!
Is that a stock gillo grip ? Or is it a Jager ?

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

blakey

Ups sorry...that's a Jager Best Style 2.0 low.
Good looking rig. I'm interested in the Barebow weight position. I've been experimenting with the main stab hole and the front bottom hole. Do you think the bow reaction is better on the bottom hole? Cheers

cweg

I tried a 250g in the main and in the bottom hole.
Main hole: A good to handle roll back. The Bow feels light and dynamic.
Bottom hole 250g: The Bow jumps forward and falls in the fingersling, a light kickback while falling.
Bottom hole 400g: The Bows reaction is nearly dead with a little tendence to jump forward and nearly no kickback.

I prefer both versions of the Bottom hole. In January will come the special G1 weight in 400g. I have an eye on it.

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
This is my bow:

It's a Bernardini Mamba riser with Border Hex 6 BB2 limbs (XL 36lb) loaded with an Easton FMJ (500, 31") arrow.

And here's a shot:

At the local field course - 3 kills on a 6' bear from about 50 yds.

Attachments

frustratatosk

This is my bow. It's not anything to write home about:
Cartel Fantom riser stripped to aluminium, Decut button, Mybosynergy air limbs (long), home made weight and handle in oak, Draycon string.
44lb on the fingers
A bit slow because of the limb length but trusty.

blakey

This is my bow. It's not anything to write home about:
Cartel Fantom riser stripped to aluminium, Decut button, Mybosynergy air limbs (long), home made weight and handle in oak, Draycon string.
44lb on the fingers
A bit slow because of the limb length but trusty.

That looks great. How did you manage to strip the riser? :)

frustratatosk

That looks great. How did you manage to strip the riser? :)
Thanks Blakey.
Nitromors (can take a few treatments) then work all over with fine emery (because a layer of paint can hide faults, esp in a cheaper casting). Then Polish with Brasso.
I like the dulling that happens to bare aluminium very quickly but a lacquer coat could be put back on for a permanent mirror finish.