Barebow What measurement is your longest crawl?

blakey

I've been wondering about how high poundage bare bows shoot at the near distances. Do their crawls go off the tab? My longest crawl is at 5M and it is 2 and 3/4". This is to the bottom of the tab I use. If I needed more obviously I'd be off the tab? :)

frustratatosk

Hi blakey,
If I was to crawl I would be off the tab but I decided to stick to 3 under all the time and aim by 'dead reckoning' at short distances.
Maybe a mixture of the two would be good - getting the point and gold closer together?
Rick

steve Morley

My crawls are compact 1 1/4" that's about half way down my Bateman Tab, 9 stitches, my crawls end at 60 yards.

My crawls remain constant though all the distances, meaning they don't get bigger as the distance increases, shooting 42# with a 315g Cheetah3D arrow

MartinO

My "scale" is 53mm long, from 50m just under the nocking point to 5m (WA Field is my main game). I also have constant distance between my crawls. I don?t understand why, but it has always been like that for me.

blakey

My crawls are compact 1 1/4" that's about half way down my Bateman Tab, 9 stitches, my crawls end at 60 yards.

My crawls remain constant though all the distances, meaning they don't get bigger as the distance increases, shooting 42# with a 315g Cheetah3D arrow
I shoot light arrows out of a low poundage bow (30 lbs limbs). My arrows weigh 213 gn. I guess that's why my crawls are long. I have another bow set up for a Flint round, where I can use ally arrows because of the shorter maximum distance. These arrows weigh 365 gn. :)