Clouting

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
If clouts are GNAS, does that mean we have to wear GNAS colours? The entry form doesn't specify.

I really do loathe green and white.

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I'm sorry but clouting in white is just STUPID and find the "right" green trousers is nigh on IMPOSSIBLE!

You're out on a muddy field. White is stupid, green is a pain in the bum. Hell, brown would be a better choice!! :thumbsdow

Wrexham Exile

Ironman
hey i didnt make the rules....
dont shout at me.

send a letter to archery uk. i dont think they have had one on this subject before...

J

jojo

Usually if there is an exception to the GNAS rules in a competition entry form, most organisers will list it in the form, nine times out of ten, if its a freindly the some organisers will state GNAS dress code does not apply.

Furface

Supporter
I'm afraid I clout in white. And, as I am chief washer amongst the Furfaces, I can categorically state that clout mud washes out just fine.
Or is it that those who favour green do so because they can leave their lower parts unwashed for several seasons?

J

jojo

Awwwww furface you say that like a pro, have your worn your lower for more than one season hence you moved to white. OMG I feel sick wheres the bucket.

I'm afraid I clout in white. And, as I am chief washer amongst the Furfaces, I can categorically state that clout mud washes out just fine.
Or is it that those who favour green do so because they can leave their lower parts unwashed for several seasons?

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I've had an email from the clout organiser who tells me that November is designated an inclement month and therefore GNAS colours do not apply as archers will need to wear their inclement gear. So, even if it's nice weather, GNAS colours don't apply in November for clouts.

Woohoo!!! :D :D :D

Ffish

The field in question is actually fairly dry at the moment, so wellies wont be necessary. And looking at the weather forecast for tomorrow its going to be much the same as today - bright, sunny and damn c-c-c-cold!

On the "up" leg, we'll be shooting into the sun if it's bright, so I'd advise a decent pair of sunglasses too.

eileen

i have had a change of heart on tommorrows clout and changing from recurve to longbow for this one far less to lug around, to get over the green thing as i cannot find any trousers white or green to fit me, so i opted for grey joggers(primark) and dyed them green it seems to have worked for me as no ones ever challenged me about them. as well as that all green and i look like a damn leprechaun, not funny as i do have some irish blood

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I'm not wearing GNAS colours tomorrow if I don't have to. I will take every advantage of not wearing them and the organiser has said we don't have to, so I won't!

ignoramus

If its a longbow only shoot there should be no problem...I've been to several (with BLBS, or longbow-only GNAS) and although most do try to wear green and white there are always lots in browny reddy beigey shades as well.

alanesq

I am pretty new to archery and in a target archery club

I only recently was told you have to wear green to shoot in a competition - I didn't believe them of course but it turns out its true !

Can anyone explain to me why - maybe I am missing something but I just can't see why it would be cheating to shoot my bow wearing another colour ?????
In fact if pushed I would have thought it might make sense to have a rule you are not allowed to wear green as it could act as camouflage but apart from that I am at a loss to understand what effect it can have ?

kernowtom

green

or white.... I suppose if we all look like chefs, or leprechauns, or leeks, we are all equally disadvantaged. (I myself am red/green colour blind.. which has caused some controversy).
The justification cannot be tradition.. clubs can now register their own colours.. for example "black & red divided diagionally. upper diagonal red. Right sleeve black with red cuff, left sleeve red with black cuff" ... all this plus a gold logo... bet it looks nice with a matching hat with bells at the corners!!
I would prefer a traditional approach.. maybe sackcloth and fleas for medieval or a corset and moustache for victorian.

munchkin

Supporter
Supporter
FYI guys, the dress code only applies to record status events. if it's not record status and the entry form states dress code applies, you are well within your rights not to wear G&W. however, most people don't as it tends to put you and your club in a bad light. goodness knows why...
it appears that G&W is more traditional than it should be given that it's not actually traditional!
I (and tigger) nearly got kicked out of a local club tournament for wearing blue, despite other people there wearing extremely dodgy shades of green and brown and tan... As a result, one of the judges had it in for us for ages.

alanesq

Dress code !!!!!
Is it just me or is this insane ?

My employer has not managed to get me to stick to a dress code so I am certainly not going to change the way I dress for an organisation I am paying to provide a service for me.

I just can't imagine any reason for it ?

bkupris

Supporter
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
The whole dress code thing is mind bending stuff to say the least :yuck:

Status
Not open for further replies.