Merlin Trad Bows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raedwald

Having just got my copy of the latest "Field Archer" magazine, I notice that Merlin are advertising a number of trad bows "New for 2007". Had a quick look on their web site to get more info. They look good, so.....

Does anybody know anything about these? Like who makes them? How do they shoot? (OK, so I know that one's down to the individual, but you know what I mean!), etc, etc.

greydog

Can't say I know much about them, but I had a look at the stock they had in the shop and they look very nice indeed :thumbsup: I think it was the Golden Plauris that caught my eye, they are great looking bows, the website pic doesn't do it justice :cheerful:

bkupris

Supporter
Supporter
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Nice looking bows for the money. Any reports on how they perform?

Brian

dtalbot

Well I'm certainly the limiting factor in the performance of my Wolf flatbow but that isn't saying much!!!!

Windknot

And now for the negative feedback...

I'm not too impressed with the Tamars range of bows. My Foredor delaminated after about 4 months of intermittent use. WAS replaced it under warranty- I eventually sold the replacement bow- still in use AFAIK.

Ran into a bloke at Bicton who got a Golden Plauris from Merlin- that one went kaboom on the first day he had it. Merlin replaced it under warranty.

There is/ was a Cuarnan on the rack at WAS with a huge chunk missing from the glass backing- it left the factory like that. Seems both Ragim and WAS think this is perfectly acceptable on a new bow. Or any bow for that matter.

There are better bows to be had for the same sort of money- my vote goes for Chek-Mate, but your mileage may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.