My First 300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yew Selfbow

Three months ago Myself, Pip Bickerstaffe and Fred Bentley set out to shoot a flight arrow from a longbow 300 yards. Well last Saturday at Godinton Hall I shot the Fraternity of St George two way flight shoot and averaged 307 yards
So a huge thanks to Pip for building an absolutly astonishing bow and to Fred for designing and building the most amazing arrows I have ever shot.

Yew Selfbow

The arrows were barrelled pine fletched with Goose feathers. The rest of the specifications are Freds secret formulas and calculations that even I don't know. All I can say is, they are arrows of the absolute finest quality

Yew Selfbow

The bow is 72ins long and draws 78lbs @ 30ins. The back is a single growth ring of Hickory, the core is Snakewood heart wood and the belly is Osage.

Yew Selfbow

Thanks Yew selfbow, I bet it looks as well as it shoots with snakewood in the core. David
To honest David it's a very plain looking bow. The Snakewood core comes from the very centre of the tree and is unbelieveably dense and doesn't have the characteristic mottled effect that makes regular Snakewood so attractive. Finding a suitable Snakewood log was a hard task and extracting the heart intact is a testement to Pips expertese as a bowyer

Status
Not open for further replies.