The Society for the Promotion of Traditional Archery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo

Was just having a scout around the web when I came across this site for the The Society for the Promotion of Traditional Archery. Does anybody here know anything about or is a member even?

It's sounds a great concept and I'm curious how big and how active it is. The secretary/founder is a Hilary Greenland, who I'm presuming is the same lady who wrote The Traditional Archers Handbook: A Practical Guide.

Cheers

Huffy

Hello jimbo,

You are right about Hilary being the author of The Traditional Archers Handbook: , she is quite a character.

I was a member of the group for several years and took part on a bow making course organised by Hilary at Wicken Fen near Peterborough.

Best wishes, Mark Huff

Haywain

SPTA members are very active at NFAS shoots. You quite often find them wandering round the woods at Company of 60 and they hold a few of their shoots there.

The last shoot at Company of 60 was the St. Georges shoot on April 22nd and the next will be the Venison shoot on November 25th (no they don't shoot real animals - the prizes are normally in the form of cuts of Venison).

gwynn

SPTA members are very active at NFAS shoots. You quite often find them wandering round the woods at Company of 60 and they hold a few of their shoots there. .........
QUOTE]

Did a venison shoot with them a few years ago at Co60, good fun, won some sausages. The weather was appalling, chucked it down. Went around with Dan, aka English Bowman, the water was coming in over the top of my high boots but we thought, 'this'll make everyone else go home, we're bound to win something as we'll be the only ones left' trouble is everyone else had the same idea!
bye the bye, i love the way the water explodes off a bowstring on the loose in weather like that

Status
Not open for further replies.