Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ACE Centre Shot

In the Gold I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award. Big Boy Blue's Avatar
    Thanks

Question ACE Centre Shot

Rik has commented in another thread that the set up of centre shot using either ACE & X10 could be different from the usual suggested method. It has been recomended that you use the tip of the arrow and not the inside of the shaft.

Thus to all ACE/X10 users can I ask how you have setup your centre shot.
    BBB - Whiteleaf

Thanks
    The pile of the arrow should be out of the string at centre shot by the arrow's circumference.

In the Gold I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award. Big Boy Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes thats the way I understood it, but below is a part of the post from Rik

I recall an article in Archery Focus, from Don Rabska.

He reckoned that centreshot was much more critical on skinny arrows. He recommended setting up ACEs and X10s, so that the tip of the point lay at the outside edge of the string (and not the edge of the shaft, as is quite often illustrated).

Hence my question.
    BBB - Whiteleaf

Thanks
    Usually (recurve) recommended centre shot for barrelled arrows is the tip of the point 1-2mm outside the string (from the archer's viewpoint). Some archers have recommended point directly in line with string. Either way offset is small, much less than the arrow diameter. With my ACCs offset is also around 2mm.

As long as not too big centreshot does not have to be exact as it's usually set as a fixed quantity with button spring and poundage being the tuning variables. Only time you start playing about with centre shot is as part of a group tuning process.

In my case playing around with centershot produced no discernable affect on groups, but then I'm only a bowman level archer.
    Joe

Thanks
    Joe

That sort of echoes what Rik posted. I spent some time yesterday re-setting up centre shot and rest position using the arrow the tip as suggested. However bye the time I had finished I could not try it, maybe today.

Phil
    BBB - Whiteleaf

Thanks
    Don't forget you'll need to alter your button tension, if you've changed your centreshot. As a rule of thumb, start with one turn on the tension for each turn on the centreshot. So as the centreshot reduces, button stiffness has to increase (assuming you're starting from a good setup).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast