Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Discuss Arrow Spine Selection. at the Methodology, Tuning, Coaching etc. within Archery Interchange Forums; Is there much difference between selecting an arrow spine from the T4 (670) or the ...
    In the Gold
    Thanks

Arrow Spine Selection.

Is there much difference between selecting an arrow spine from the T4 (670) or the T5 (620) group (recurve target) on the Easton selection chart. Draw weight 34lb @28" using a 28" shaft length. I think Easton recommend 80/90 grs. Would point weight of 110 grs move it from T5 to T4?

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

In the Blue AIUK subscriber.

Thanks
    I have just changed down one arrow spine and found a difference of about 6" on a bare shaft tune at 30m.
    HAve you measured your actual shaft length at 28" and measured your bow draw weight at your actual clicker position?
    The only arrow I could see with a 670 spine in T4 group is a ProTour which is a compound arrow? The ACE which lists a 670 as an option, should be selected in a 720 spine for recurve, denoted by the R next to it....

A stiff spine arrow can be made to work and can tune it nicely for some people, for others it never works well.... No real way of knowing either apart from to buy and try.
    You could look out for some second hand ones on Ebay etc, try them out, sell them on again if required then buy your new ones, that's exactly what I have just done with X10's...

In the Gold
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaker74 View Post
    I have just changed down one arrow spine and found a difference of about 6" on a bare shaft tune at 30m.
    HAve you measured your actual shaft length at 28" and measured your bow draw weight at your actual clicker position?
    The only arrow I could see with a 670 spine in T4 group is a ProTour which is a compound arrow? The ACE which lists a 670 as an option, should be selected in a 720 spine for recurve, denoted by the R next to it....

A stiff spine arrow can be made to work and can tune it nicely for some people, for others it never works well.... No real way of knowing either apart from to buy and try.
    You could look out for some second hand ones on Ebay etc, try them out, sell them on again if required then buy your new ones, that's exactly what I have just done with X10's...
    Yes both have been accurately measured. 28" shaft and 34lb @clicker (28"). I don't really want to splash-out on another set of ACE's!

Thanks
    OK, so I am guessing you already have a set of ACE's? Which spine do you have now?
    Have you bare shaft tested them and what result do you get at 30m?

In the Gold
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaker74 View Post
    OK, so I am guessing you already have a set of ACE's? Which spine do you have now?
    Have you bare shaft tested them and what result do you get at 30m?
    ACE 28" (bottom of nock groove to end of shaft). 620 spine. 100gr points. The bare shaft test at 20m is fine. But things spread at 70m. I was just wondering about the 1 group difference making the difference.

Thanks
    Personally, I bare shaft at 30m and then don't worry about it... too many other variables for bare shafts at 70m to mean a lot...
    I would say that if your looking for a change at 70m, a full spine shift will be too much, unless your bare shaft is off the boss. As I said, a spine group change for me moved the bare shaft 6" at 30m, so likely to be more like 18" or more at 70m?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast