BareBowBook - is there one ?

Andyt23

Is anyone aware of a decent book on the subject of bare bow shooting?
I'm going to give it a go as a change from olympic recurve, and I like a good read when I'm not actually shooting.

Maybe I just need to make it up as I go and feel the freedom of no-sight shooting... maybe I should close my eyes?
I'm just curious to see if there's anything out there for guidance and general musing on the subject.
thanks

steve Morley

Not that I know of but when I started I found a DVD called "Modern traditional" with former top USA Barebow Ty Pelfry, goes through setup/tuning etc and some good tips for shooting WA Field.

Andyt23

hmmm, fair enough. Thanks for the replies, I've managed track down some bits of info from the Ty Pelfry lead, and some you tube clips from Archery 101. They seem useful, but for all I know they're talking nonsense. Looks like it's gonna have to be good old trial and error...

It was worth asking the question - if anyone out there fancies writing a book at any point, put me down for one :)

dvd8n

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
There is a series of DVDs available from some of the American sites called "Masters of the Barebow". I watched them a while back and they were better than I expected. There was some hunting but quite a bit of bow choice, tuning, technique etc. I'm not sure that they were worth the money, mind. They are quite expensive new. There are bits of them on YouTube.

Valkamai

Try the TradTips youtube channel the series of "the push" videos are very informative.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk