Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Discuss Draw length and getting it right? at the Methodology, Tuning, Coaching etc. within Archery Interchange UK Forums; The head rotation may not be the treason, but it might be part of it. ...
    It's an X
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    The head rotation may not be the treason, but it might be part of it. I am thinking aloud here, but as the head rotates the aiming eye and the string line moves across towards the bow shoulder , could that not lead to the string hand being so far left( RH) that the elbow gets left sticking out in relation to that hand?

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Very interesting thread.
    How about this.

If you think about that either side of the rotation Both will occur.
    Think about the arrow and forearm as two link witch bend around the fingers. If the head isn't rotated enough the alignment could be an angle with the apex being away from the face. As the head rotates left the alignment improves to a perfect position. if you continue the head rotation the alignment starts to move inside the line. Where this point of perfect alignment occurs will be governed by many other things like front shoulder position, good scapular movement, good thoracic posture and rotation.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffretired View Post
    Cheers lbp. yes two points can be better than one. The problems start when the archer has the string where we are aiming for, but the elbow is still out of line. I tend towards asking for the drawing elbow to be moved further round, which is giving a longer draw length and the string moves back. Would a head that faces the target too square on and arched back bringing the shoulders back from the arrow line, be to blame?
    Don't forget that as the draw side scapula can move, the draw elbow can rotate horizontally around with the pivot point being the draw hand fingers.
    Refer to McKinney's book if you have it.
    Joe

It's an X
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Cheers Heroblob, Thanks for that. I am trying to get the bits to fit together one a particular archer and finding it a struggle.
    I have a video of what looks like good face contact but the elbow is a bit outside the line.
    get the line looking good and the face contact is way too far back on the face.

It's an X
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    Hi Joe, Yes, I see what you mean, I think I have been forgetting to build that into this archer' equation. Elbow moves into line and the draw hand hardly moved at all. A bit like top dead centre on a petrol engine. The con rod moves side to side over TDC and the piston almost stops at the top of the cylinder at that stage.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks
    I think I have this problem but I decided that its because my arms are long. With the bow arm straight and the string on my chin/nose and head facing the target there is no way I can have my bow hand, string hand and string elbow in a straight line. I'd have to pull a couple of inches more up the side of the jaw to do that. Or turn my head away from the target to allow the string arm to rotate away while keeping the chin anchor.

Hmmm, might try that tomorrow.
    Bow before your Evil Cat overlord!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast