Thread: FIBERBOW

In the Black
    Thanks

FIBERBOW

Hello, I have just purchased a secondhand Fiberbow 5.99 riser of the old type with the eccentric cam type limb bolts. My question is how do you adjust these limb bolts on this riser . I know how to adjust on my old Winact riser but these are different. Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks,, Eric

Thanks
    What adjustment the early 599's came with no limb alignment adjustment later versions had a eccentric cam in aluminium or steel - if your bow has this adjustment there will be a dot on the limb bolt.

In out is the same as all limb bolts with a locking bolt on the back

In the Black
    Thanks
    Thankyou, Whitehart for your reply. My riser is the type with eccentric cam and there is a dot on one bolt. Is a special tool required as I have tried with an allan key and a metal strip in the top slots but bolt will not move. Maybe it is seized but there is no visable evidence of this. Are both bolts active or just the one with the dot.

Again I will much appreciate your help and reply'

Regards, Eric

Thanks
    I used a T square at the front in the slots to stop it spinning and the bolt at the back should come undone.

Only the bolt with the dot is essentric

In the Gold
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    Thankyou, Whitehart for your reply. My riser is the type with eccentric cam and there is a dot on one bolt. Is a special tool required as I have tried with an allan key and a metal strip in the top slots but bolt will not move. Maybe it is seized but there is no visable evidence of this. Are both bolts active or just the one with the dot.

Again I will much appreciate your help and reply'

Regards, Eric
    I had a 6.3 Fiberbow and that had 1 tiller bolt with a cam (top) and one parallel shaft (bottom). I replaced the bottom one with another 'cam' type. I did not think that I could get the best limb alignment with the original setup. It had a special tool that looked like a tuning fork with two small pins in the side. I found that the locking bolt could be very tight to undo at times. I now shoot a 6.9 Driz and the tiller bolts are both parallel shaft, but they can still be a bit tight. Be careful you do not damage the allan key location by using a 'nearly correct' key size as being stainless steel they can be a bit soft. I also found that to just 'unlock' this bolt, I left the bow braced, then unbraced it to carry out adjustments. I still have a spare 'cam' type if you find yours is damaged.