Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fiberbow 6.9 Brace Height

In the Gold
    Thanks

Fiberbow 6.9 Brace Height

I have read in posts on this forum that the Fiberbow riser has more deflex than other risers. It has also been suggested to increase the brace height by 1/2" more when shooting because of this. I have checked the manual and it states that the brace height for a 70" bow is 8 7/8" - 9 3/4". So. Does that mean that when setting up this riser you should use 9 3/8" - 10 1/4"? This is just a basic question as I know individual tuning will affect how the riser performs.

Thanks
    It will depend on your limbs and position of limb bolts - look at the shape of the limbs make sure they are not flat (has some bend) especially the bottom one when the bow is strung and then do the usual tuning for BH. With Top limb at least 1 -1.5cm of the limb groove showing under the string when braced is a good place to start.

In the Gold
    Thanks
    Thank you for your reply. I was just curious that people have stated that you should increase your brace height by 1/2" when shooting a FB riser. Has someone actually used a FB riser and found that to be the case, or is it just estimation?

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 920 Posts
    I would think that it depends on why the "someone" said what they did.
    I could imagine someone looking at the riser in comparison with a "nearer average" riser. Perhaps the average bow was already strung, and when placing the FB riser on top of the other, seeing a bigger gap at the throat to the string. That would show the difference in deflex of the risers but it would not necessarily show the angles of the limbs, as the FB would be riser only.
    It' a bit like assuming the bh would be half inch higher because the limb angles were ignored.( accidentally perhaps)
    If the FB makers have taken limb angles into account they might state the BH as something nearer to their findings that a possible assumption.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by albatross View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I was just curious that people have stated that you should increase your brace height by 1/2" when shooting a FB riser. Has someone actually used a FB riser and found that to be the case, or is it just estimation?
    I have found with most limbs the 1/2" is accurate due to the deflex geometry of the riser but when setting your BH you should listen to your bow and look at the shape the numbers are a good guide but mix and match for any riser limb combination does throw spanners in the works.

In the Gold
    Thanks
    Does that imply that a fiberbow riser could in fact end up with a brace height of 10 1/4" if it shoots and sounds well?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast