Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
Discuss First Time Using Clicker at the Methodology, Tuning, Coaching etc. within Archery Interchange Forums; After shooting on and off for a while, it became apparent that I needed to ...
    In the White

First Time Using Clicker

After shooting on and off for a while, it became apparent that I needed to get to grips with a clicker as my vertical spread when having a go at 70m the other week was awful, exposing a tendency of 'creeping' the string which Iíve found difficult to overcome at times, especially when a little tired. I stayed away from the clicker because I assumed it would be really awkward to get the timing right, and too much a backward step for recreational shooting, however what a revelation it was after only a couple of dozen arrows, and I wish Iíd have used one sooner, as gone is the worry about getting the draw length spot on each time. Iíve still a long way to go, but wanted to say to any others who are slightly reticent, just give it a go, you may be surprised that it isnít as difficult as you imagine. GL.
    Alan Kettlewell likes this.

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only £1.50 per month. Thank you!

World Champion - No Clicker

Quote Originally Posted by WinBase View Post
    After shooting on and off for a while, it became apparent that I needed to get to grips with a clicker as my vertical spread when having a go at 70m the other week was awful, exposing a tendency of 'creeping' the string which I’ve found difficult to overcome at times, especially when a little tired. I stayed away from the clicker because I assumed it would be really awkward to get the timing right, and too much a backward step for recreational shooting, however what a revelation it was after only a couple of dozen arrows, and I wish I’d have used one sooner, as gone is the worry about getting the draw length spot on each time. I’ve still a long way to go, but wanted to say to any others who are slightly reticent, just give it a go, you may be surprised that it isn’t as difficult as you imagine. GL.
    - - - Updated - - -

World Champion - No Clicker

After shooting on and off for a while, it became apparent that I needed to get to grips with a clicker as my vertical spread when having a go at 70m the other week was awful, exposing a tendency of 'creeping' the string which Iíve found difficult to overcome at times, especially when a little tired. I stayed away from the clicker because I assumed it would be really awkward to get the timing right, and too much a backward step for recreational shooting, however what a revelation it was after only a couple of dozen arrows, and I wish Iíd have used one sooner, as gone is the worry about getting the draw length spot on each time. Iíve still a long way to go, but wanted to say to any others who are slightly reticent, just give it a go, you may be surprised that it isnít as difficult as you imagine. GL.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's an X AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Only when no one else was using a clicker - in fact probably not legal then.
    As soon as they were declared legal every top end shooter tried it, found their scores improved and archery changed.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

It's an X AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    After shooting on and off for a while, it became apparent that I needed to get to grips with a clicker as my vertical spread when having a go at 70m the other week was awful, exposing a tendency of 'creeping' the string which I’ve found difficult to overcome at times, especially when a little tired. I stayed away from the clicker because I assumed it would be really awkward to get the timing right, and too much a backward step for recreational shooting, however what a revelation it was after only a couple of dozen arrows, and I wish I’d have used one sooner, as gone is the worry about getting the draw length spot on each time. I’ve still a long way to go, but wanted to say to any others who are slightly reticent, just give it a go, you may be surprised that it isn’t as difficult as you imagine. GL.
    Very glad you are enjoying shooting still. These gizmos are aids for better shooting, not there to torture you, especially if you are using them correctly. You'll find as you practice more you'll be able to refine your clicker technique further. I too put it off for a long time, but not sure I could do without it now, on my olympic recurve, anyway.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

It's an X
    After shooting on and off for a while, it became apparent that I needed to get to grips with a clicker as my vertical spread when having a go at 70m the other week was awful, exposing a tendency of 'creeping' the string which I’ve found difficult to overcome at times, especially when a little tired.
    The creeping string can be overcome without a clicker.... but why not let the clicker take the strain? Glad it is working out for you.
    If your draw is continuing once the string reaches your face, the clicker will go. If the draw stops; it doesn't click. It's a simple but effective bit of kit.

Ian, excuse my ignorance who is he, what year, assume 1440 round with aluminium arrows and what score.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast