Helix bracing height

Deadeye Doc

Also depends upon how you are measuring it. Some people measure it from the pressure button. However if you measure it the way I suspect you are measuring it, from the throat of the grip to the string mine is at 23cm which is approxiamtely the same as yours. I'd be quite interested to know if people have a neutral tiller as suggested by Frangilli or follow what I think Joe Tapley suggests in his Bow Mechanics website. If I am right Joe is an AIUK member. Have a look at
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/joetapley/ :boggled:

SLOWHAND

Mines set at 23cm. 41# on the fingers, G3 38# medium limbs with 2mm tiller. Very smooth, very quiet and the arrows go where you point them.

Deadeye Doc

I have just wound the bow up to 43lb. Neil_C suggested I try this and it has improved my groups at 70m. Currently shooting 270s for 3doz. This can always get worse!:burp: If this continues I might be looking at heavier poundage Win-eX limbs. I've only just started experimenting with the bow and was'nt sure how to wind it up until the Junior Aardvark showed me. :rottentom

kato

SLOWHAND said:
Mines set at 23cm. 41# on the fingers, G3 38# medium limbs with 2mm tiller. Very smooth, very quiet and the arrows go where you point them.
does anyone know why they suggest half inch lower bracing height for carbon limbs? and does that mean the recommended range goes down by a half inch?

rod

The American
Ironman
American Shoot
while on this subject, i have a problem, the tiller keeps changing, i prefer to shoot with a 9 1/4 brace and 2/8 tiller, but at some point during shooting the tiller changes, help, this is affecting me.

SLOWHAND

I've found that tiller can change as the bracing height changes. Even with a well shot in string it will stretch slightly over the first dozen arrows by about 1/8" on the bracing height. I now take this into account and add 1/8" to the brace height when I string the bow. Another tip is to get to tournaments well before the start time, string the bow before you do anything else and let it stretch a little before you star shooting.

Big Boy Blue

Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Slowhand

I also pre-adjust my string to allow for a little bit of stretch when I put it on the bow. In my case the brace height drops by 2mm after about 1/2 dozen arrows and then it remains at the correct height.

I did have a Fast Flight string that just kept on creeping and I had to keep checking the BH all the time. I guess this might have been due to an incorrectly made string or a bad batch of material, anyway I soon ditched it.