High nock point

Green Arrows

I have an extremely high nock point. I am shooting a Win & Win AXT with 44lb Wiawis wood core medium limbs. When setting tiller I use a high speed camera to check the limbs are reasonably in sync and then I start my tune. I have always used this way to tune other bows and never had any issues but my AXT is producing a very high nock point. Previous setups would have had a tiller setting of about +4 and the AXT is coming up with +1, which gives me a decent tune, arrows and bare shafts tuning well. Anyone out there experience this or have any words of wisdom for me!

Attachments

Brett k

I have an extremely high nock point. I am shooting a Win & Win AXT with 44lb Wiawis wood core medium limbs. When setting tiller I use a high speed camera to check the limbs are reasonably in sync and then I start my tune. I have always used this way to tune other bows and never had any issues but my AXT is producing a very high nock point. Previous setups would have had a tiller setting of about +4 and the AXT is coming up with +1, which gives me a decent tune, arrows and bare shafts tuning well. Anyone out there experience this or have any words of wisdom for me!
It is lower than the nocking point I have set on my AXT. It is just how they are.

PS I know that isn't a very good answer, but peace of mind maybe...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

archeryal

Your nocking point is a bit higher than mine. I assume it's something in my form - possibly finger pressure. I'm always surprised when the fault is actually in the equipment.

I have the same issue with my W&W ProAccent (baby brother of the original Inno) and current SF Elite+. My tiller is something like 1/8", which could be an issue. Your +1 or +4 - what units? 1/8"? mm?