Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Odd shot going left

In the Gold I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Odd shot going left

I'm having a frustrating issue with around one shot in ten going to the left - in the white at 80 yards with the rest in the gold/red. Very rarely is a 'good' shot ending up in the blue.

I thought it was the rest as it was very worn but a new arm hasn't helped so I'm not sure.

I haven't fully ruled out a clearance issue yet but I'm thinking it's me rather than the kit.

So anyone have any idea's on what can make a shot that feels good go to the left?

I've ruled out eye dominance switching and I don't 'think' I'm torquing the bow (something to rule out next time I shoot). I have a bubble that I can fit on the sight pin to make sure I don't have a cant - the other archer watching me didn't notice one though.

recurve & right handed.

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Rule out kit first - a crack or ding in the arrow may well be more susceptible to an iffy loose. Change your nocks. Wear a chestguard? Does it need readjusting?
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    If the arrow is going left then the loose hand is probably going right. Make sure that you keep back tension on and that the hand goes straight back on loose.
    Last edited by jerryRTD; 03-07-18 at 05:57 PM. Reason: wonky fingers
    just point,pull & click the mouse button

Thanks
    Are your arrows numbered/marked, do you shoot them in sequence? Is it the same arrow always going astray ? Is it always the same arrow in the set of six going astray i.e. Your fourth shot each end ?

Karl
    I meant to do that - honest ! !

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 919 Posts
    If an arrow was at fault, I think it would show up every end, unless you carry more than six arrows in your quiver. If you carry an extra arrow in with all the rest( not in a separate section) you may be using the dud one now and again.
    It might be worth checking the button for grittiness, it might be sticking occasionally.

In the Gold I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    It's not the same arrow, I was hoping that was all.

Chest guard - yes I wear one, but it's old and not the best fit (I can't understand how it's shrunk since I was 20...) so I'll look at that in case it's a contact issue.

Button - good point, I'll check it out and/or swap it for a spare or stiff button it.

Release - I don't 'think' I'm losing back tension as the shots feel good, I'll set the camera up this weekend and record myself if I can't get someone to watch me.

It's annoyingly consistant, if I plotted all of my arrows there would be two clear groups as well as the odd random dodgy shot.

Thanks everyone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast