CLICK TO REGISTER FOR THE AIUK IRONMAN
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes
Discuss Oh dear... at the Methodology, Tuning, Coaching etc. within Archery Interchange Forums; Great to hear that a small kit change appears to have made a nice big ...
    Thanks
    Great to hear that a small kit change appears to have made a nice big confidence change.

Your sports therapy sessions sound like the reason I stopped playing rugby in my thirties - when you are still hurting on a Wednesday after a Saturday game it's time to listen to the body and choose a lower impact pasttime My knees have never stopped thanking me !

Karl
    Kernowlad likes this.
    I meant to do that - honest ! !

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only £1.50 per month. Thank you!

In the Red AIUK subscriber. Kernowlad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Corax67 View Post
    Great to hear that a small kit change appears to have made a nice big confidence change.

Your sports therapy sessions sound like the reason I stopped playing rugby in my thirties - when you are still hurting on a Wednesday after a Saturday game it's time to listen to the body and choose a lower impact pasttime My knees have never stopped thanking me !

Karl
    If I was being really strict I'd probably have to give up surfing but that isn't going to happen until my arms fall off.
    Bit of a surprise on Sunday - our 9 year old boy played "proper" rugby for the first time (full contact) having played tag rugby for a while with not much success. Turns out he's a bit of a natural (we weren't expecting much at all!); downed three players with decent tackles, scored a try against the visiting team. We have now got him a head protector!!
    Mybo Origin

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernowlad View Post
    If I was being really strict I'd probably have to give up surfing but that isn't going to happen until my arms fall off.
    !
    I am not entirely sure that armless would stop you.
    Kernowlad likes this.
    just point,pull & click the mouse button

Thanks
    Bit of a surprise on Sunday - our 9 year old boy played "proper" rugby for the first time (full contact) having played tag rugby for a while with not much success. Turns out he's a bit of a natural (we weren't expecting much at all!); downed three players with decent tackles, scored a try against the visiting team. We have now got him a head protector!!

Head protector is essential as far as I am concerned - given the fairly recent raft of studies into sports head trauma related dementia onset in later life I am definitely an advocate. Protect a young developing brain at all costs.

Hope your son continues to enjoy the best ball game ever invented.

I know what you mean about surfing, did a little in my teenage years and it is amazing.

Karl
    Kernowlad likes this.
    I meant to do that - honest ! !

In the Red AIUK subscriber. Kernowlad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Corax67 View Post
    Head protector is essential as far as I am concerned - given the fairly recent raft of studies into sports head trauma related dementia onset in later life I am definitely an advocate. Protect a young developing brain at all costs.

Hope your son continues to enjoy the best ball game ever invented.

I know what you mean about surfing, did a little in my teenage years and it is amazing.

Karl
    Yep Rugby is the only team game I have any interest in - used to play a fair bit mostly in running positions. A friend of ours is a pretty well known doctor (e.g. she's David Attenborough's doctor in his various TV programs) and has studied the head trauma thing a fair bit - it's pretty alarming so a head protector is an absolute must have item. I'm also quite nerdy about helmets and cycling. Mind you I'm not sure how much of a brain I have left after many years of getting clobbered at kickboxing tournaments.
    Mybo Origin

Thanks
    Mind you I'm not sure how much of a brain I have left after many years of getting clobbered at kickboxing tournaments.
    To quote Indiana jones... "It's not the age it's the mileage"
    Kernowlad likes this.
    An archers only opponent is his mind.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast