Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
Discuss Pool/snooker at the Methodology, Tuning, Coaching etc. within Archery Interchange Forums; Originally Posted by geoffretired Can you just run through that again? Not for an hour ...
    In the White
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffretired View Post
    Can you just run through that again?
    Not for an hour or so

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

In the White
    Thanks
    Many sports require similar skillsets to archery - pool/snooker as you say, golf & darts being some others. it's all (obviously) about hand/eye co-ordination and timing, mental discipline, as well as being 'target focused'. Ive played all the above to a reasonable level, and the words 'paralysis by analysis' come to mind - when you're playing well you dont really think about what your doing, it just happens, (you are 'in the zone'), and although practice ingrains the right (or wrong) habits, unfortunately most of us cant give our best to order every time, but the overriding mental thought i believe all sportsmen should have is to know what you are trying to achieve, and planning how best to get there, which should come before all else - the words hope & luck never figure in it. GL
    Kernowlad likes this.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WinBase For This Useful Post:

rmonclermc10071 (23-09-17)

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Heehee one arrow per hour isn't going to make much of a impact on the rest of the competition.

In the Red AIUK subscriber. Kernowlad's Avatar
    Thanks
    The difference being that getting to that "two pint peak" in archery is generally frowned upon.
    Mybo Origin
    Member of Bowmen Of Wadebridge
    Archery GB member

In the White
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffretired View Post
    Heehee one arrow per hour isn't going to make much of a impact on the rest of the competition.
    Its the quality rather than quantity!

In the Red
    Thanks
    Back on track, I think the main thing that lots of sports including golf have in common with archery is a lack of tension, you need to be in complete control but completely relaxed in order to execute a perfect release or swing. Any tension stops the smooth progress that we need, a high jumper or sprinter will tell you the same thing, about how they feel "loose" before giving their best performance. Yes Johnh it is exactly the same in the bedroom, tension is the number one cause of poor performance and loose of control ......or so I hear, never had any problems with "tension" myself so couldn't comment .....what dear ?....no no this is something completely difference.......no I told you I was just very tired that's all..........
    floydfanian likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12