Putting the curl back in spin wings

X10-arrow

Hi here is a nice tip for those archers who are sick and tired of replacing creased or flat spin wings..

Carefully pull the damaged spin wing of then find a srew driver preferbly a larger diameter than the arrow.
If you have a vice this will be easier .Place the handle of the srew driver into the vice and tighten it up.You then need a heat gun (paint stripper) then gently heat up the metal rod of the screw driver after 10-15 seconds turn off the heat gun then get the spin wing align it to the driver and press down with your fingers and smooth out any creases as best as you can.Although it might not totally iron out the creases it does but the curl back into the damaged spin wing and will be good enough to use again..

If any one as similar tips please tell
Cheers:cheerful:

Flying Whale

Hi here is a nice tip for those archers who are sick and tired of replacing creased or flat spin wings..

Carefully pull the damaged spin wing of then find a srew driver preferbly a larger diameter than the arrow.
If you have a vice this will be easier .Place the handle of the srew driver into the vice and tighten it up.You then need a heat gun (paint stripper) then gently heat up the metal rod of the screw driver after 10-15 seconds turn off the heat gun then get the spin wing align it to the driver and press down with your fingers and smooth out any creases as best as you can.Although it might not totally iron out the creases it does but the curl back into the damaged spin wing and will be good enough to use again..

If any one as similar tips please tell
Cheers:cheerful:

I actually find that for most damage, you can simploy "pop" it back out, in place. You do this by gently rolling all the wings against the direction of curl, so that they lie flat against the shaft. I give the arrow shaft about 3 or 4 rotations, and then let go, and they usuall pop up as good as new.

Jacqamoe

I find I can straighten up a lot of kinks in my Kurly Vanes just by running a nail down them, with pressure from a finger placed the other side - kind of like you would to make a ribbon curl. Unless I've really done a number of a vane they come back to shootable form straight away and no need to change arrows! :cheerful: