CLICK TO REGISTER FOR THE AIUK IRONMAN
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Discuss Sight Ring Location. at the Methodology, Tuning, Coaching etc. within Archery Interchange Forums; Originally Posted by Timid Toad I'm saying there is no right place. Whatever works consistently ...
    In the Gold
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Timid Toad View Post
    I'm saying there is no right place. Whatever works consistently and gets the arrow in the custard will do.
    There is no "right" place, as long as it is the same place every time to achieve good consistency, which leads to the argument that some "places" are easier to achieve consistency with than others

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ben tarrow For This Useful Post:

rmonclermc10071 (16-11-17)

3. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only 1.50 per month. Thank you!

In the Gold
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Timid Toad View Post
    I'm saying there is no right place. Whatever works consistently and gets the arrow in the custard will do.
    There is no "right" place, as long as it is the same place every time to achieve good consistency, which leads to the argument that some "places" are easier to achieve consistency with than others

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ben tarrow For This Useful Post:

rmonclermc10071 (16-11-17)

It's an X AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ben tarrow View Post
    Nope I disagree with that. The *right* place will vary archer to archer. It's more about biomechanics, optics and form. If you wear glasses, cant the bow, cock your head, it'll be different. If your shoot arrows of different widths you'll find the sight ring will be in different places. Shoot indoors then shoot outdoors? Most likely it'll be different. Those who line the string up with the bow will have a different sightring position to those who line it up with the side of the sight ring.

So in my view it's about consistency. Tune your bow, work on your form. Move the sight to put arrows in the gold. Job done.
    fbirder likes this.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Aiming is a two handed task with a bow. The draw hand position at full draw needs to be solid and easily found. Too much time spent on finding that place can destroy any flow in the shot process. I feel the draw hand position is number one priority in the aiming process.Second would be the string picture which is dependent on the draw hand's position along with head rotation and the shape of the head. Having to judge whether the string blur is where we want it will be easier, the closer it is to the gold,as that is what we are looking at. Blocking out the gold is not a goog idea, I feel. The edge of the gold would be good, or the edge of the sight ring.

In the Blue
    Thanks
    My question with this is related more to bow setup.

Is it the case that for a particular archer, there are a number of possible sight positions and corresponding button settings that would "work"? By which I mean the arrows would be centred at all distances.

Or is it that there is only one location where this would be the case and with any other combination you would see slopes on a walkback?

My guess would be the former, but am I correct?

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    For the arrows to be in the centre at all distances, the arrow has to follow a straight path. If it follows a curved path, it must drift off from the gold moving further from the target, or closer to it.
    Where you put the sight could be off set by where you put the string blur in relation to that sight setting. In the same way, where you put the string blur can be off set by where you put the sight. The two, together, are directing the arrow at the start.
    The button settings, I feel, are the more critical ones. They have to be " right" to get the straight line flight. I believe there is some flexibility, in that you could soften/stiffen the button a little and move centre shot to compensate. I also think that arrow matching to the bow speed needs to be pretty good to get close to the straight line flight path in the first place.
    I think that it isn't so much button and sight that correspond to get the results. I think the button provides the straightness and the string and sight together provide the direction of the arrow flight.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast