Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tiller on 2 sets limbs, plus how straight they are

Thanks

tiller on 2 sets limbs, plus how straight they are

today i was looking at my tiller and limbs alignment and i found to have my upper limbs 12mm shorter, on the 840
    have a prodigy xt 27" with 840 30# right now and the 720 34#, 33,5# AMO draw lenght

here some number to show, with all standard setting on the bow, and 3 turns on the bolt screw, brace at 10" 1/4

normal inverse
    23,3 upper 24,1
    23,9 lower 23,2
    mm mm
    normal inverse
    24 upper 23,8
    23,7 lower 23,8
    mm mm

here some picture to show the tip on the top limbs for both limbs, is mounted inverted on the lower side of the riser
    the 840, white is not in center, the 720 in picture a little bit on the right but is not in the center the camera, looks better in reality, the 840 is in the same condition as in the picture

i just need to call a new pair of the 840? bought them in march. i have made some really good score with them but i may want to shoot with straight stuff

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Looks like it's mostly the riser that's off.

If they are the correct way up, can you align them so the string follows down the centre?
    I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but if both sets of limbs are off true it's probably your riser that has a twist. 27" risers tend to show up faults more than shorter ones. Turning the limbs upside down will really show any twist, but if you can align them when inserted the right way it's probably the best you can do without getting a new riser.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

Thanks
    They have the same defect even at the right position, how about the tiller difference?
    Today I want to try to see if the riser is twisted by using the shaft trough the limbs adjuster. Let's see

It's an X I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.The Fonz Award.AIUK subscriber. Timid Toad's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's probably that both sets of limbs are slightly twisted, and so is your riser.

As to the tiller, it doesn't matter. The two sets are tillered differently. So long as you can tiller your bow how you want when the limbs are in the right way, you have what you need.

The twist is more difficult as you can only adjust left/right, rather than rotation, and twisted risers tend to have rotation, as I suspect you'll find later today. I test this by taping a parallel shaft to the limb hard up against the end of the riser, top and bottom, when the bow is strung. That way you can see if it moves any through the draw too. I get a friend to photograph it from above.

Thanks
    limbs at normal position

http://s746.photobucket.com/user/dot...fttzf.jpg.html

limbs reversed

http://s746.photobucket.com/user/dot...r3hii.jpg.html

top limb are in the perfect position on both side

riser looks straight, having the shaft in the adjustment place and on the limbs, shaft are fixed in position by an elastic

Thanks
    Have you got some parallel shafts to try? Barrelled arrows give inconsistent results.

But yes, your limb sets look nasty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast