Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuning problem! Please help!

In the Green
    Thanks

Tuning problem! Please help!

Dear community! Have a problem by tuning of recurve bow 39lbs+Easton x10 arrows spine 500 length31:
    - limbs alignment OK,
    - seeing through centers of riser and string - arrow point is straigt or 2mm left(tried both),
    - tryed stiff and soft plunger,
    - tryed both heavy and light points,
    Bare arrow:
    - at 30m flyes always 70 cm left from fletched group,
    - at 5m nock direction bare: 10cm to right side, all fletched - straight.
    This arrows cannot be too stiff according Easton Chart. Where can be a problem?
    One thing i didn´t checked - clearance. But my Hoyt Eclipse riser is very deep configurated, so the end of plunger button is 1cm from riser, the second is that arrow´s ends are bent with white foil with white feathers on it, so white toothpaste can be invisible to proove clearance.
    Where do you think can be a problem? Clearance problem because they are too weak?
    We have not here in club another arrows with another spine with 31 inches length to proof them. To bye new ones..., but here in Poland its painful to make mistakes by byeing, 12 arrows = 1 months salary.

It's an X
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 916 Posts
    Any colour lipstick will help to prove clearance.
    Is 39lbs correct? Did you weigh the bow at your draw length? Or did you estimate it by adding 2lbs per extra inch of draw length beyond 28 inches?

In the Green
    Thanks
    I´ve measured weight with special device using arrow and clicker, it was 39Ibs and in addition made the weight on riser heavier - 40ibs, nothing changed - bare flyes 70cm left

In the Blue
    Thanks
    What make and model limbs are you shooting?

How did you set up your bow?

I use the following which has always worked for me….
    Check your alignment and centre shot, set centre shot so thetip of the arrow is 1-2mm to the left of the string.
    Centre the sight pin above the centre of the arrow.
    Shoot fletched arrows at 20m, adjust button pressure tocentre group on the gold
    Then shoot mixed fletched and bare shaft arrows.

Also worth considering the Easton chart is best guess, ifyour arrows arestill going left after the above they are definitely too stiff,but check the above first.
    If they are left, then try winding up your limb bolts as faras they will go and try again, this should bring the bare shafts closer to the fletched.
    I have a feeling they are too stiff though…. I shoot 29.5”X10’s at 42lb and found 550 spine are perfect.

In the Green
    Thanks
    Tryed 2 types of limbs, the same weight 38-39Ibs and same result. Bare flyes 70cm left. First limbs are old Samick, second - new Kinetic Vaultage Carbon 70", riser Hoyt Eclipse. Length of arrows is 30,7" x10 spine 500. Everything described was made except "Centre the sight pin above the centre of the arrow", if I see through string on the arrow centre - the aiming point is far left. There´s no place to increase weight more than 40Ibs, i tryed it also - all the same. Button pressure has no influence, tried soft and stiff both. If your 550-29,5" by 42 behave perfect so logically I must have 42-43Ibs for 500-30,7", but it differs from Easton chart, in your case too by the way.

In the Gold
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wladimir View Post
    so white toothpaste can be invisible to proove clearance.
    Toothpaste or dry shampoo goes on the riser. Arrow impact will leave marks in the paste.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast