Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Discuss Tuning / spine etc at the Methodology, Tuning, Coaching etc. within Archery Interchange Forums; When you put your arrow length (30 inches) and draw weight (34 pounds)in to the ...
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    When you put your arrow length (30 inches) and draw weight (34 pounds)in to the Easton 2011 shaft selector app it gives a result for ACCs' of 620. Your mistake was using draw length instead Of arrow length.
    there is a cheap way to tell if the recommendation you have for your shafts is correct and that is to buy two alloy arrows from the same group in this case 1916's ( 623 as opposed to the ACCs' 620) bare shaft tune with just the two alloy arrows. If you get a good tune then go ahead and buy a set of 620 spine arrows. Get another couple of alloy arrows and use the alloys indoors.
    just point,pull & squeeze the trigger

2. Advertisements like those above are essential to keep AIUK running. If you'd like to remove the Google and Ebay adverts and help us meet our running costs, please consider subscribing for only Ł1.50 per month. Thank you!

In the Blue AIUK subscriber.
    Thanks
    personally I cant get on with the match in the plunger thing, so I always use the Simon Needham tuning method, which would be worth a try....

Take the match out of the plunger and set to a medium tension
    Check centre shot,
    align the sight pin directly above the centre of the arrow and don't touch it
    Shoot fletched arrows and adjust button pressure to centre the arrow group on the target
    Once the group is centred, shoot mixed fletched and unfletched arrows
    Then the position of the groups will tell you the spine but taking into account the effect of the button.

I do agree though that you probably do need 620 spines. The Easton chart is very confusing that if you already have arrows you need to use the actual arrow length, not the AMO length.

In the White I've taken part in an AIUK Ironman Shoot.
    Thanks
    When doing my beginners course I was told that the arrow selection charts are only a guide, since then I have found that on occasions the "best" arrow can be in the next group down and possibly two groups down, I have yet to find anyone who went to a group stiffer. I have tried to fathom why this happens and can only surmise that the charts do not use enough factors to find out the correct arrow for each persons bow set up, and it would be more confusing if they did. The factors I am thinking of are things like limb length, limb recurve, limb speed, string diameter etc etc.

I would recommend that borrowing some arrows ( one fletched, and one unfletched) and shooting them to see for yourself how they group or even buy two alloy ones that match what you want and experiment with them is hell of a lot cheaper than buying a dozen composite arrows that are wrong. Some archery shops offer an arrow matching service which is well worth the money.

In the Green
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by $hockŁeader View Post
    I have yet to find anyone who went to a group stiffer. I have tried to fathom why this happens and can only surmise that the charts do not use enough factors to find out the correct arrow for each persons bow set up, and it would be more confusing if they did.
    I would (very politely) suggest that the factor for those people is a 'poor' release making a weaker spine shoot stiffer. Bow set-up is very overated and far too much time spent fiddling and tweaking when the main issue is normally the archer's execution of the shot.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
    I would (very politely) suggest that the factor for those people is a 'poor' release making a weaker spine shoot stiffer. Bow set-up is very overated and far too much time spent fiddling and tweaking when the main issue is normally the archer's execution of the shot.
    I would (very politely) suggest that your view does not change the fact that the shaft selector APP gives a softer spine result than the charts.
    just point,pull & squeeze the trigger

It's an X, it is no more. AIUK subscriber. Rik's Avatar
    Thanks
    you just have to make sure to wave the right sort of dead chicken over it (with appropriate incantations)
    dfrois likes this.
    Ever tried? Ever failed?
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better! - Beckett

The marksman who hesitates is lost. Just take it for granted that you are going to hit and fire away before you have time to doubt the certainty of success. - Annie Oakley, 1894.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast